Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Hi Rick. Your last name don't start with H does it? I have not heard of any fishing reports comming from Lobdell or Lake Fenton. How about Silver Lake, I sure would like to get on there. I have been remodling a home and have not been out much but that is going to change next week, maybe we can double up and go somewhere close or I can meet you at a lake look for some of thoes fish. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I fished Fenton 2 weekends ago, action was very slow. I caught 2 small northerns. The crowd out from the landing wasn't catching anything. I drove by Lobdell on Saturday afternoon, and there was only 1 truck at the DNR launch. Lobdell was slow to freeze in the middle, I'm not sure how good the ice is with all of the snow. Earlier, I saw a lot of tracks go about 20 yards from the launch, then turn around and come back in.

I heard they were catching 'eyes on Ponemah, but a buddy went there Saturday and couldn't manage a bite. I had the same (lack of) luck on Byram. There were some people fishing Indian, about 4-5 guys on Sat afternoon.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Fished Lobdell last Sun., lot of little gills, once and a while I'd get one worth keepin' nuttin' to write home about. Haven't been to Lake Fenton yet this year.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I might give Fenton a shot this afternoon and try for some perch up to Linwood this weekend

·
Registered
46 Posts
GoneFishin,

How was the ice out there? Did you go out from the DNR launch? I'd like to try the deeper hole for eyes/pike, but haven't seen anyone else out there.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
pfsupporter,

I went out of the marina/bait store on Whitehead Dr. in the cove behind the resturant 10" + there. Be careful going out of the public launch there is some current in that area and ice thickness varies.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was brutal out there today! Even with a shanty the wnd seem to blow right through the seams. Fished from 2 - 5pm. Not a bite. Will try it again when the weather improves. Probably had 10 inches of ice right out from the DNR ramp.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Neither Nither Neit and possibly the fish are trained not to bite .Sorry to be so down about it . I have been icefishing four weekends in a row and I have only caught a few fish. Don't get me wrong I still had a great time but if I had to feed my family on what I brought home my family and I would be on the new Adkins diet .Starvation. ROTFLMAO!!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
have had no luck on fenton or lobdell, did get two pike and a mess of perch out of a lake I dont even know the name of
It's the lake at the north end of lake fenton behind that little bar and party store. Heard they were getting alot of nice pike out at Heron beach in Holly. Also has anyone heard of crotch lake in Holly right off Grange Hall caught a ton of nice panfish out of it this summer and wonderin how it ice-fished. An older-man told me that was the name of it, dont know for sure. Good luck guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts