Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
There's a solid 3"at the raft and the DNR launch fished all day sunday caught a couple dinks water was dirty also saw a couple of nuts on snow mobiles out there. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Just got back from a drive by the lake,there is no safe ice to speak off from Cotton Rd. down to the mouth of the Clinton River.I did see a few People down the Venecian Canal.My Buddy said they have 10 inches out at White Lake near Pontiac.Looks like a trip out there next weekend might be in order if the temps don't get too warm next week.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Which is better White Lake or Union lake, saw a couple dozen people out today. My boy wants me to take him ice fishing, so I told him we can go Tuesday after work. I want to take him where he can catch something or I am sure that will be his first and last time.

How is SANG, I don't mind driving that far if it increases his odds. I would prefer to hook up on some walleye or perch.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The ice is very punked out behind the Raft. I had a few buds fall tru today.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
:yeahthat:

It ain't worth it. Saw 3 shanties out there and had to believe they were looking for a death wish.:tsk:

·
Registered
284 Posts
The ice that was building near shore on Friday was in Canada on Saturday after the 50 MPH wind. I fished marinas and caught a mess of 4" BG, 5" Perch and misc sized Rock Bass. I was going to Harsens Island but decided that it was just too windy. I have one more Simcoe trip scheduled for the 11th and 12th and after that I'm getting the boat out. Good Perch are in the lower Detroit River and I hope that they keep me busy until the Walleye arrive!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Anchor Bay near the Raft Bar over to the DNR ramp. Ice looked pretty iffy at best. Open water everywhere. I counted about 6-8 guys and a few shanties from the road. You will be seeing the diehards on the news getting plucked by the Coast Guard Choppers real soon.:dizzy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts