Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the lake 11:00 till 5:00 got 2 keepers first thing after that all dinks I mean all dinks saw two bass nothing after that. ....tight lines to all

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Hit the lake 11:00 till 5:00 got 2 keepers first thing after that all dinks I mean all dinks saw two bass nothing after that. ....tight lines to all
Where did you fish ?? Was very slow in the part of Anchor Bay I fished today, but I stayed in tight to shore and didn't do to bad. Had many people coming off the lake after a few and never caught a dink or caught 1 seen 5 other dinks. I was using a chrome Guster spoon with chart bead I bought a Anglers Point, was doing great with it for most of the morning, till Mr. Toothy took a liking to it too. Came home with 15 fish 7.5 - 9 inches and 2 White Bass.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Where did you fish ?? Was very slow in the part of Anchor Bay I fished today, but I stayed in tight to shore and didn't do to bad. Had many people coming off the lake after a few and never caught a dink or caught 1 seen 5 other dinks. I was using a chrome Guster spoon with chart bead I bought a Anglers Point, was doing great with it for most of the morning, till Mr. Toothy took a liking to it too. Came home with 15 fish 7.5 - 9 inches and 2 White Bass.
Very nice going to give it a go today, hopefully I can muster up a perch dinnner

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fished about a mile off shore between Gino's and Crocker in ten ft of water. I was disappointed in the minnows I got from sdi they were as big as the minnows I fish with in the spring. Does anybody have small perch minnows?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I fished about a mile off shore between Gino's and Crocker in ten ft of water. I was disappointed in the minnows I got from sdi they were as big as the minnows I fish with in the spring. Does anybody have small perch minnows?
Lol I though the same thing. Never had one hit on the minnows. Anything I caught was on a spoon/red egg

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Fished metro area yesterday managed 20 keepers no hogs but good 8-9" fish.
Kens skinny Minny green bead and firer tiger #2 rap with atlas egg. Caught a ton of fish lots sorting lots of moving. Stay away from major crowds, and stay away from the guys with power augers lol if that's possible. Be back next Saturday.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's why we fished out away from the crowd, most all my fish came on teardrop with red spikes and a jigging rap. We moved 5 times

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went out Sunday morning from the day sail ramp with a friend and kept 60 between 8 and 9". caught a lot of dinks in order to get them but it was a great time. I would post a picture but don't know how.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
had a friend of mine fish just south of ginos in tight last weekend on Saturday and smashed them, then moved deeper on sunday when the crowd showed up and got them again. went back this past weekend and nothing, crappy minnows and noise= no fish and he almost always gets them when he goes. there was a lot of quads and snowmobiles buzzing around on Saturday.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
The fish are there, just gotta find them, they are always moving. Have done good on them one day and went back the next day and they have moved on. I have to fish weekends and haven't fished Ginos in 2 years now, just too many people. Keep wanting to go back, till I read all the reports.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's tent city on weekends that's why I like getting away from the crowds. I've always believed that the noise spooks the fish, you have a nice school in your hole and somebody pulls up next to you and starts his auger... Bye bye fish. But that's the nature of the beast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts