Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked out a number of lakes since Friday and my advice is to stay home at least until next weekend!
Almost all of the county lakes were ice covered prior to the snow storm but JUST covered.
The snow only made matters worse as now there's slush/water between the existing ice and snow which makes for an ify situation at best. What ice was there before the snow can actually deteriorate befor new freezing takes place.
I'm as die hard as it gets when it comes to ice fishing but a few fish aren't worth your life.
As the week progresses I'll post new reports with hopefully better news.

·
Registered
402 Posts
WalleyeChaser - Thanks for the sound advice....my wife sends you a virtual thank you! She's sitting here with me as I was reading your post! I was just begging for permission to go out tonight too.....looks like I'm waiting!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep, I guess the "work around the house in the morning and fish in the evening trade off" isn't going to be in negotiations today. Come on ice!!

Steve

·
Registered
663 Posts
just got back from checkin zukey, strawberry, baseline, & portage. portage is the worst. the other three still need time. about 1-2 inches in spots, but theses lakes all have currents in them at different places. i would stay off all of them till next weekend, i'll check them again midweek, wed or thursday. and post new thickness.almost there at zukey lake marina, 3-4 inch right out front 50 feet from shore, but not consistent :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was out on Portage lake in pinckney. I walked out on the canal right a the mouth to the lake and ice was 3 inches but two hard hits with the spud and you were through. The snow is not helping things but if the cold keeps up I'll be fishing this coming weekend. 2 guys fished there yesterday all day long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts