Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1988 Pro 17 Tracker has an aerated livewell. There is a button on the dash that reads Auto - Off - Manual. Off is just that... manual turns on the pump to fill the well. Auto does nothing. There is a turn knob next to the switch that reads Time Control and has a min and max. As I understand it this knob should be tied in with the "auto" setting on the switch, turning the pump on at timed intervals. But it does NOTHING when in auto... with the knob in the min or max setting. Is this a common issue? Can I fix it?

Even though the livewell stays at the same level with the pump on all the time (it self bails), I really don't want it running all the time! It's a bit noisy and bugs me and I'm sure the fish can hear it too.

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,361 Posts
I guess start lookin' @ boat US & the likes for a livewell timer Mike. I'm sure with the miles ya got on old bessie - the one is F R I E D , to a crackley kr00NcH.
;)

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this like a reostat behind the dash or something??

Oh, and I had occasion to take the cowel off the motor yesterday... the thing looks factory fresh. Not a spot on it, no oil, gas, etc... anywhere. Nice and clean!!

·
Super Moderator
16,361 Posts
Probably NOT a rheostat , more likely a potentiometer ( like a volume control) and the timer circuitry on a PCB or "pot" is shot.

RAS

·
Premium Member
28,581 Posts
sfw1960 said:
Probably NOT a rheostat , more likely a potentiometer ( like a volume control) and the timer circuitry on a PCB or "pot" is shot.

RAS
Umm... a rheostat is a potentiometer.

--
lp

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Had the same thing happen with mine, come to find out there was another switch on the front panel (in the bow) where the trolling motor plugs in.
Flipped that switch (recirculating pump) and the timer started working.
Don't know if you have a similar setup, but something to look at.
Rich

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
FishTales said:
Had the same thing happen with mine, come to find out there was another switch on the front panel (in the bow) where the trolling motor plugs in.
Flipped that switch (recirculating pump) and the timer started working.
Don't know if you have a similar setup, but something to look at.
Rich
I had the same problem who ever wired my boat at the factory or dealer did not have a clue. I ended up rewiring almost everything It was a Silvan

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No switch at the bow. I'll have to try it again tomorrow and see if it simply needs to go thru a cycle before it kicks on. Otherwise it looks like I'll be dropping some MORE cash on this boat. Oh well....

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Hey Mike, my tracker has the auto mode on my livewell but NO timer. On auto it just keeps pumping away and then out the overflow. Wish I did have a timer......might have to look into that.

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wally-eye said:
Hey Mike, my tracker has the auto mode on my livewell but NO timer. On auto it just keeps pumping away and then out the overflow. Wish I did have a timer......might have to look into that.
Yeah, but don't you WHACK! your fish in the knoggin and throw em in the cooooler like Robert? :p

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Heck no, I "pamper" every fish I catch.........I don't billy club them to smithereens unlike some other people.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,361 Posts
wally-eye said:
Heck no, I "pamper" every fish I catch.........I don't billy club them to smithereens unlike some other people.:lol:
Don't make me give a live "pampering" demo......
:bash::bash::bash::bash:
Who wants to be a walleye???
:evilsmile :evilsmile

R

1 - 14 of 14 Posts