Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Live Metro day sail

4677 Views 34 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  I'd rather be fishing
Ice un affected so far four wheeler with GPS fog is very thick very thick. Just got here report later trying to find the Shelf little hard right now one point 35 five miles out
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
I was out yesterday and it was very slow. Only managed a few keepers. Bite was not very aggressive when the few we did catch did come in. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out there right now can’t buy a bite....
No chains needed?..good luck also..
Not looking forward to when that stuff freezes. Will be like riding on a coral reef.

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman
Pucker Factor..
Not looking forward to when that stuff freezes. Will be like riding on a coral reef.

Your not kidding..that's why I was thinking no chains.

Where are you guys finding thick ice? Gonna head out Saturday and just want to game plan where the good ice is. Thanks in advance
Left and straight out from day sail ramp ice was anywhere from 12-16” thick. I moved west/right of ramp and it was only 8-10”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you guys finding thick ice? Gonna head out Saturday and just want to game plan where the good ice is. Thanks in advance
Did bad no keepers and only a few Dinks. Did not need chains easy to drive through. Will be back out Saturday and Sunday
Took a chance and headed out at 4pm .Had no luck Sunday out from Daysail with only 2 keepers that I returned to the water. With the fog, visibiilty was less than 1/16 mile or so. Not a hint of wind..... Slogged out from the flagpole thru 3 inches of slushy slop. Made sure to keep an eye on the direction of my foot steps in the snow for the trip in. Drilled 1st hole approx. 5 feet deep .Ice thickness still about 14 inches. 20 minutes and 3 dinks later I went out about 40 more yards and drilled second hole in about 6 feet. Heard ( but couldn't see, lol) a few people hooting and singing that they found fish!. Swore I heard Creedence Clearwater Revival haha...A few minutes before 5 pm somebody flipped the switch. Maybe caught 30 fish on successive casts, with maybe 20 in a row going right into the bucket( mostly 7's and 8's with a few 9's in there too-- good eaters..).. all on the gold diamond willow/red bead-no minnow. They were hitting it on the way down, sometimes very light and sometimes inhaling it. Most of the time, very little of the spoon was showing . What great fun...Didn't dare try to stop and put my gloves back on, as the hands were getting cold and wet... Happy I didn't lose any at the hole for a change. At 5:36 the switch flipped back off. Noticed a wind shift. Time to head in. Saw two other groups out, was very quiet. Not a zoo. Sorry no pix...Ended up with 24 to clean and freeze.
Pecobill is that you?
Took a chance and headed out at 4pm .Had no luck Sunday out from Daysail with only 2 keepers that I returned to the water. With the fog, visibiilty was less than 1/16 mile or so. Not a hint of wind..... Slogged out from the flagpole thru 3 inches of slushy slop. Made sure to keep an eye on the direction of my foot steps in the snow for the trip in. Drilled 1st hole approx. 5 feet deep .Ice thickness still about 14 inches. 20 minutes and 3 dinks later I went out about 40 more yards and drilled second hole in about 6 feet. Heard ( but couldn't see, lol) a few people hooting and singing that they found fish!. Swore I heard Creedence Clearwater Revival haha...A few minutes before 5 pm somebody flipped the switch. Maybe caught 30 fish on successive casts, with maybe 20 in a row going right into the bucket( mostly 7's and 8's with a few 9's in there too-- good eaters..).. all on the gold diamond willow/red bead-no minnow. They were hitting it on the way down, sometimes very light and sometimes inhaling it. Most of the time, very little of the spoon was showing . What great fun...Didn't dare try to stop and put my gloves back on, as the hands were getting cold and wet... Happy I didn't lose any at the hole for a change. At 5:36 the switch flipped back off. Noticed a wind shift. Time to head in. Saw two other groups out, was very quiet. Not a zoo. Sorry no pix...Ended up with 24 to clean and freeze.
Man- thanks a lot for the reports guys- very refreshing change of pace around here indeed.
Reactions: salmonslammer
Right on man..I'll shoot u a pm Saturday..I'll be out with a few members also..I got a freezer full..so I can donate some fish..definitely will be a better day then working..fish or no fish..and I really don't give a dam if u set up 1' from me..hope the fish turn on...
Did bad no keepers and only a few Dinks. Did not need chains easy to drive through. Will be back out Saturday and Sunday
Reactions: Craves and litg8r
Great report. Heading down Saturday too. My fishing bud is pwhipped now and under intense mind control from such so he won't with. We may lose him altogether...
See you there...at the weekend zoo
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.