Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy-

I know I saw a post on one of the boards for a member in White Lake, talking about hunting Pontiac Lake Recreation Area, but I can't remember who it was or just where I saw the post in question... (C.R.S., probably.....)

Anyway, it occured to me that although Emily (daughter) is a year away from gun-hunting herself, she could sit with me in my Lucky blind....P.L.R.A. is just minutes away from me, but I've been there only once, and just to see the range.

If the member in question would be kind enough to PM me with some tips about where to head, I'd be greatfull....not looking for secrets, just an area that's not too crazy where we might have a chance to see a deer or two (shot opportunity not the most important thing here; just the chance to get out with a budding hunter!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Hey Les, Try the area around the powerlines between Cuthbert Rd. and Teggerdine Rd. There is alot of pressure out there but my suggestion would be for you to get out there tonight or tommorow and find a spot quite aways in and sit all morning. Guys will be coming in late and pushing deer and there will be guys getting restless and walking around. Just find a good trail and stick your blind on it. You should do alright.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to revive this old thread but anyone had any recent luck in White Lake near Pontiac Lake Recreation area? I have access to some private land there and want to scout it for next season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts