Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last couple of weeks I've been ask when is the worse time to pier fish in this area. Here are a couple of dates to remember, 3 July, fireworks being set up and they generally run everyone off the piers for "safety". And lets don't forget the Venetian Festival, 19-22, July. Unless you're looking for about a two mile hike to the south pier you might want to stay home cause the north will have about a gazillion people on it, and some might even be fishing.
Just a little food for thought.

Martin

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
martin1950 said:
Over the last couple of weeks I've been ask when is the worse time to pier fish in this area.

I'd add today to that list...fishin sucks...right Martin?! :evil: You're the 5th guy I talked with today who went 0 for 0.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
martin1950 said:
Over the last couple of weeks I've been ask when is the worse time to pier fish in this area. Here are a couple of dates to remember, 3 July, fireworks being set up and they generally run everyone off the piers for "safety". And lets don't forget the Venetian Festival, 19-22, July. Unless you're looking for about a two mile hike to the south pier you might want to stay home cause the north will have about a gazillion people on it, and some might even be fishing.
Just a little food for thought.
Thought I'd wake this thread up as a reminder about this week in St. Joe.
Seems someone forgot to wright it done on his fishing calender.:lol:

Martin

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Ahhhh shoot! Thanks for the reminder, Martin. A couple of years ago when I showed up to fish on Venetian Night weekend, the south pier was completely closed that Saturday for the fireworks display and they ended up closing the North Pier also by 9 am for "safety reasons".:smile-mad

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
martin1950 said:
Thought I'd wake this thread up as a reminder about this week in St. Joe.
Seems someone forgot to wright it done on his fishing calender.:lol:

Martin

Yes Sir, that would be me.:dizzy: Thanks Martin. Of course mother nature would bring water chilling elements just as the festival gets under way:smile-mad.
Looks like I may be headed further north. This just may be a good Pierin' weekend

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Ended up calling the Venetian Festival people today. They stated they will close both piers starting at noon. FYI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts