Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Barely got sat down tonight when this little buck come strolling along and I decided if he stood still I was going to take him. Well his fate was my dinner. Stepped into my shooting lane at 20-25yds and my little recurve did it's work.
Love the little bow - it's a custom RMR knock off by Jess Stuart out of New Mexico. [email protected] with AD trad lites and a Wensel Woodsman on the business end that already had two notches filed into the trailing edge so I knew it was a killer head I chose for tonight's hunt.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Nice kill.congrats

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well done, very cool to take it with traditional bow.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Congrats on the trad kill.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
it sure is, no argument here.:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
nice job!! trad guy. I hope to do that someday. got a recurve & a longbow this year, but many , many hrs. of practice lie before me. Outstanding

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thank you.

Martian - just start shooting this summer and you will be more than ready for next fall. It really is not that much different once you get the mind set and accept that your range is likely to shrink a little bit as compared to some of the gear available. I really have no comparison to the quality mechanical bows available because I have never shot one but I do know recurves and longbows are deadly as anything available within 30yds for me.

Actually I find it easier to not have anything to think about regarding distance, site, trigger release, etc. and just hunt. If the deer is there and I feel it - I shoot.

For really great practice hunt chipmunks and fish in the summer - gets you used to judging distance without thinking and helps with the "hand/eye" thing. Oh, and it is fun.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Bushnbow that's a great accomplishment taking that guy with a recurve that's what I started with 22 years ago but I never was able to take a deer with it , I never even got to fire an arrow at 1. That's a tough task u completed good job n great shooting its nice to see some still using traditional methods , my traditional method is now a x bow lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts