Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a PR lesson here for your fishing clubs if you need a spring activity.

From CO Reports for 03/07/2004, DISTRICT 6

COs Diane Drogowski and Sean Kehoe worked in plain clothes to address the litter problem associated with the removal of fishing shanties on Green Lake. Several tickets were issued and investigations are continuing on other individuals. During the patrol, the officers observed an older individual make three trips with a sled picking up wood that fishermen left behind on the ice. The officers made contact with the man, identified themselves, and asked what he was doing. He replied that he did not want to see the access site closed because of the litter problem. Area COs will be recognizing this individual for his efforts.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I agree with Trailinder it amazes me that people won't pick up after themselves.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Leaving the ice for the last time, I came across quite a bit of garbage - to the extent I could pick it up, I did. Lots of propane bottles - Seeing what I saw, I would definitely support a $1.00/bottle deposit on those (not that I think the slobs would return them, but at least I'd be getting some extra tackle money:D ) I also saw a broken sleigh someone had made - nice work, probably an easy fix on the runner, unfortunately it was well frozen in and I did not have a spud. Other great items included pop/beer cans (did get some tackle money there!;) ) and the burnt out carcass of a shanty that must have been frozen in when the owner came to collect it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts