Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an easy recipe for all you Habanero Heads out there!

12 Habaneros chopped
1 15.5oz can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1/2 cup dark molasses
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup distilled white vineagar
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1/2 tea. ground coriander
1/2 tea. ground ginger
1/2 tea. ground allspice.

Place peppers, peaches, molasses, mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar, in a food processor, or blender. Measure in the salt, paprika, pepper, cumin, coriander, ginger, and allspice. Blend until liquefied. Pour into clean canning jars, I use the small ones, and refrigerate overnight before using.... Enjoy....:evilsmile

·
Registered
736 Posts
sounds fantastic! The hotter the better i say

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is one spicy sauce, but man is it good. The hubby is still asking where the Tums are at, but kept on eating. Thanks. :evilsmile

·
Registered
712 Posts
I haven't been able to make this sauce fast enough! All my friends ask for it everytime they see me, I cut back the mustard a little and use between 9-12 habs. This sauce is awesome when slopped heavily on pork loin or chicken breast, then cooked, the sauce crusts over from the sugar in it and it awesome. I plan on planting all a lot of habs this year just to make this sauce with!:evilsmile

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Does it have any flavor at all or is it purely heat?

I know you don't care, but you guys that eat this stuff more then one drop per pot, well you jsut scare the heck outta me. :lol::yikes:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Does it have any flavor at all or is it purely heat?

I know you don't care, but you guys that eat this stuff more then one drop per pot, well you jsut scare the heck outta me. :lol::yikes:
I think it has very good flavor, I have heard called 7 second sauce because if you back the habs down a little (I use 9-12 habs depending on size) the molasses will get it by your tongue then it punches you in the back of the throat. If you like hot you will like it. My favorite way to eat it is to take pork tenderloin and dip it in the sauce. So it is not like a dab in a pot of chili will burn taste buds off, but, it defintely brings the heat!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
This sauce is great. I made a batch last saturday. Tried it on sunday and had to make another batch. The sweetness from the peaches and molasses really compliment and tone down the heat. Thanks for the recipe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts