Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out here outta linwood little south been in 18 now 20 ft of water only a few fish marked and no bites! All these people there's gotta be fish, what depth anyone having any luck in this morning? Pm me of would like

· Registered
605 Posts
Been out here outta linwood little south been in 18 now 20 ft of water only a few fish marked and no bites! All these people there's gotta be fish, what depth anyone having any luck in this morning? Pm me of would like
I'm in the same area been here about an hour and saw one walleye on camera and was not even interested, time for a move soon

· Registered
61 Posts
Did real well Saturday afternoon off of Linwood in 19 feet. Got set up around 2. 5 minutes had first fish and it was game on. First time ever i got to Sort walleye. I was throwing back anything under 16 inches. Caught several that were 13-15 inches. Had Limit in an hour. Even got a Bonus Gar that i ended up throwing back cuz i have no idea how to clean it and i was told very bony, worse than pike. First time i ever got my limit of 8 since they changed it to 8. I was on cloud 9 until i got back to the parking lot.

Then I got my bubble busted as i got back to shore and a Young DNR KID with an attitude the size of Texas acted like i robbed a bank the way he treated me. I got checked the week before from the nicest DNR guy i ever met and now i get the exact opposite. I did nothing wrong, had all my licenses, stickers, 8 fish, etc.... and this kid was just down right rude. I am filing a formal complaint against the little prick. NO way in hell he should act like that. i guarantee this probably isn't the first complaint against him that he has had. There was NO attitude of servitude in him. Just ruined the whole experience by his attitude and ripping through all my stuff, Demanding that i open this and open that, open my truck, open my trailer etc..... His mother obviously let him have the run of the house because there was NO respect out of him. He is probably about 5' 9" ball park, 160lbs, late 20's and i believe blonde hair. I am sure others have run into this jerk. he had a young partner also who was very nice and he just seemed to go away as this guy was being a jerk. so he was probably the junior officer and got out of there because his partner was being so rude and he didn't want to associate himself with him.
Water Vertebrate Organism Fin Fish

· Registered
2,008 Posts
Nice fish! that surely sucks when you get back in & go from cloud 9 to the bottom of the cellar. There is just need for that crap. I was checked years ago out at state park one night. Came in, snowing like crazy, CO pulls up in his truck asks if I did any good, I said nope, asked if I had a ORV sticker, I said yup, reached up on the rear of the quad and knocked off the snow and he says ok, have a good night and took off!

· Registered
61 Posts
Nice catch surffisher. I didn’t make it out this weekend. Plan on next weekend. We’re u before or after the crack. What lure if u don’t mind me asking
The cracks have all sealed up so everything was pretty tight and you couldn't really see a crack yesterday. but i would say after. i caught half on a green and white do jigger and half on blue and silver Rapala. Good luck!

· Registered
760 Posts
Nice fish! that surely sucks when you get back in & go from cloud 9 to the bottom of the cellar. There is just need for that crap. I was checked years ago out at state park one night. Came in, snowing like crazy, CO pulls up in his truck asks if I did any good, I said nope, asked if I had a ORV sticker, I said yup, reached up on the rear of the quad and knocked off the snow and he says ok, have a good night and took off!
What was so “crappy” about this?

· Registered
2,416 Posts
We were checked yesterday at the linwood lot. Both officers checked our fish. Went through my shanty and sled. Went through my topper. Asked if I had any more compartments where I could be hiding fish. The younger guy was asking about my graph and how it works, asked about the preferred color and lure. Both of the officers seen the bag of empties in the tub but said nothing about it. Very pleasant experience.

At noon today seen them rolling through auburn towards the bay with sleds behind them. Expect a visit on the ice this evening.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Horrible day, 5 big moves from 18-21ft ended at 3.1 miles out. Fished from daylight till 1 then hot the river at the battleship for a hour and nobody doin anything hole hopped with my vexilar and never marked a fish. Should've slept in our went to lsc. That's fishin.

· Banned
1,234 Posts
Did real well Saturday afternoon off of Linwood in 19 feet. Got set up around 2. 5 minutes had first fish and it was game on. First time ever i got to Sort walleye. I was throwing back anything under 16 inches. Caught several that were 13-15 inches. Had Limit in an hour. Even got a Bonus Gar that i ended up throwing back cuz i have no idea how to clean it and i was told very bony, worse than pike. First time i ever got my limit of 8 since they changed it to 8. I was on cloud 9 until i got back to the parking lot.

Then I got my bubble busted as i got back to shore and a Young DNR KID with an attitude the size of Texas acted like i robbed a bank the way he treated me. I got checked the week before from the nicest DNR guy i ever met and now i get the exact opposite. I did nothing wrong, had all my licenses, stickers, 8 fish, etc.... and this kid was just down right rude. I am filing a formal complaint against the little prick. NO way in hell he should act like that. i guarantee this probably isn't the first complaint against him that he has had. There was NO attitude of servitude in him. Just ruined the whole experience by his attitude and ripping through all my stuff, Demanding that i open this and open that, open my truck, open my trailer etc..... His mother obviously let him have the run of the house because there was NO respect out of him. He is probably about 5' 9" ball park, 160lbs, late 20's and i believe blonde hair. I am sure others have run into this jerk. he had a young partner also who was very nice and he just seemed to go away as this guy was being a jerk. so he was probably the junior officer and got out of there because his partner was being so rude and he didn't want to associate himself with him. View attachment 291285
What did he do to make you think he was a jerk? I don't get it.

· Registered
1,162 Posts
I was not there so i cant say but i have had multiple encounters with DNR all great with just one guy that had an attitude from the get go was treated like a felon and talked to like a second class citizen. Did nothing wrong and recieved no tickets, not sure why he treated me that way but it does happen. Again i have no idea about OP situation just saying he could have got treated crappy. All my other encounters were great had all my stuff checked chatted with officer about fishing and general small talk. Was happy to see them out and about making sure our resources were protected. Everyone has a bad day once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
61 Posts
It was his attitude right out of the gate. You immediately felt like you were a felon. his questions were with a hostile attitude, he was definitely on a power trip, he was rude and disrespectful. he was full of himself. His partner was nice and easy going and got the hell away from us as he was being such a jerk. I didn't do a thing wrong. If you have never met a cop that flaunted his badge and was on a power trip and if you dare said anything to him he would put you in cuffs then of course you don't understand. I know several law enforcement people and you would never know they were a cop because they are so nice and humble. This guy i guarantee you that I am not the only one who has been treated so poorly. When you can see attitude written across their face the second they step out of the vehicle that's pretty bad. His partner was a nice easy going young man. This punk is going to get a formal complaint against him because his people's skills are next to ZERO. I appreciate the fact they are checking for violaters as i obey the rules. But for every 1 person they catch violating, 9 more are innocent. And he treats the 9 more, law abiding, tax paying citizens that pays his salary as felons right out of the gate then that's a problem and I guarantee that he has had complaints against him before because i did nothing to prompt his hostile behavior. So treating the 90% of good people just like the 10% of violaters is not how it is supposed to be. He said a few times when i was calling him out on his behavior that "I'm working for you." the problem is I own several businesses and if he did work for me i would fire him or anyone else that had such a hostile behavior that worked for me. I wanted to say that to him but i guarantee he would have put me in cuffs just to show who was boss.

The DNR guy who checked me last week was older than him, probably around 40. Right out of the gate he was nice, easy going, if that guy had asked me to drop and do 50 push ups i probably would of have done it because he was so nice and made you feel at ease.

This kid was at your throat out of the gate is the best way to explain it. So if you don't know what i am talking about, park at Linwood road, come in right around dark and just wait for your turn to get checked. If you see a younger blond hair kid in his late 20's then you will know when you are done.

But after i take my time and draft this complaint letter to the DNR director, hopefully they send him back for the part of his people skills training that he fell asleep at, and maybe your experience wont be as poor as mine in a few weeks or months or however long it takes them to look into this complaint. But knowing government it will take them time to do so, so in the mean time you will still get a chance to experience this power trip that this guy is on.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Too bad the guy was a jerk...sucks when they get the I am going to find something this guy looks like a violator attitude. It happens, fortunately not too often. I had 2 officers pull up to my boat on Lake Michigan 1 day swearing that they saw me fishing 2 many lines. I was not. Was my dad and a friend and we had 6 rods fishing. I was re spooling a rod with fresh line while we were trolling. Finally After minutes of arguing with the dude I told him to just write the ticket and I would see him in court. He gave up and left. Still irks me to this day being accused of something I didn't do.

· Registered
522 Posts
Too bad the guy was a jerk...sucks when they get the I am going to find something this guy looks like a violator attitude. It happens, fortunately not too often. I had 2 officers pull up to my boat on Lake Michigan 1 day swearing that they saw me fishing 2 many lines. I was not. Was my dad and a friend and we had 6 rods fishing. I was re spooling a rod with fresh line while we were trolling. Finally After minutes of arguing with the dude I told him to just write the ticket and I would see him in court. He gave up and left. Still irks me to this day being accused of something I didn't do.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.