Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started out of Linwood Marina @ 6:40am went to black hole, caught 2 perch and one eye that was 3lbs @ 11:00 moved out another 6miles past hole Northeast. Fished til about 1pm with 2 swings and a miss, moved out a few more miles and it was game on. Ended the day with 5 eyes 2 perch and a laker. Ice conditions were good but (very wet and slushy on way back in.) Rooster tails all the way, getting pretty chitty on the bay. lol 13 miles out made for a interesting trip back in. Yee Haw! The pressure Crack is pretty heved up but crossable. With the warm weather coming the few days with high winds it does'nt look good! We'll have to see and ride it out. Good Luck to everyone if you go out and be Safe!!!!!! Posted some pics!

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
nice job on the fish..it doesnt look like a laker at all.I thought brown at first then looking closer I think its a small coho..look at the mouth and markings..any way looks like a great day on da bay..congrats..go long or go home..

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Thanks for the added pic, shed's a LOT more light on this mystery fish and it definately rules out laker! I'm still voting Lake run Brown, although its got some markings of a Atlantic as well! Definately gonna rule out steelhead also! Congrats, dont hear of many being caught out on the ice in the bay! Either way congrats again on the limit, havent got a limit since December on the river for me and I'm itching really bad....

· Registered
9,036 Posts
I think its a brown with the spotting on the cheek patch along with the shape of spots on the body. If there were few, if any spots on tail that would point to being a brown as well. Also, how many rays on the anal fin? Should have 10.

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Brown

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.