Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are buying a place on 40 and the neighboring 40 is CF land. Since it’s fair game to hunt is it a dick move if need be to set up near the line?

·
Registered
21,935 Posts
We are buying a place on 40 and the neighboring 40 is CF land. Since it’s fair game to hunt is it a dick move if need be to set up near the line?
Not if you don't mind someone doing the same on the other side.
Why else would it be a dick move?
You'd have the advantage of not having to contact someone to make a recovery if your target carried itself across after the shot. And even be able to shoot across the line if the line of fire is safe.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I should mention that these are private property just enrolled CF parcels.
All properties enrolled in the Commercial Forest Program are privately or corporately owned. When they sign the paperwork to get their property taxes reduced, they are also agreeing to allow public access for hunting or fishing.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Very cool getting 40 with easy land access next door, and from my limited experience most CFL I frequent are rarely pressured. There is one parcel I know of that gets hammered but it has easy access and is sizable.

There are a couple I have only seen a few vehicles parked at infrequently, took a doe off one last year that I never noticed another hunter on.

I think most guys don't know about them, I wouldn't know they existed if it wasn't for OnX.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All properties enrolled in the Commercial Forest Program are privately or corporately owned. When they sign the paperwork to get their property taxes reduced, they are also agreeing to allow public access for hunting or fishing.
That I know. Was refering to the regular people owned then the large corporate tracks. Hoping not to many people know of them and there’s some old posted signs still on them along the two track. There’s a lot of public about 4 miles away.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very cool getting 40 with easy land access next door, and from my limited experience most CFL I frequent are rarely pressured. There is one parcel I know of that gets hammered but it has easy access and is sizable.

There are a couple I have only seen a few vehicles parked at infrequently, took a doe off one last year that I never noticed another hunter on.

I think most guys don't know about them, I wouldn't know they existed if it wasn't for OnX.
There’s turkeys around too tron!! I’ve actually been hunting this general area since I was 12. All my favorite upland and turkey spots are within 15 miles of this place.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Expect a zoo opening week. Off season won't be as bad.... but you can expect alot of sportsmen that have less then ethical hunting views.
Not in southern Michigan and not near any city. Very rural northern Michigan. We shall see

1 - 20 of 45 Posts