Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new bow setup and i want to shoot lighted nocks. What do i do for practice so my nocks weigh the same?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
just shoot em. also shoot em with the broadheads, (practice or one you want to sacrifice) and you will be set to go. they are fun

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just don't hit the metal leg in your 3-D target if you want the nock the survive. Been there and did that, $9 down the drain.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
335 Posts
I know it can be a little expensive, but I use a set for practice and a set for hunting. NOCKTURNALS all the way!!!! If the practice ones go bad I just continue to shoot them due to the fact that they are the same weight as the ones I hunt with. Always practice with the same equipment you plan to hunt with.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I know it can be a little expensive, but I use a set for practice and a set for hunting. NOCKTURNALS all the way!!!! If the practice ones go bad I just continue to shoot them due to the fact that they are the same weight as the ones I hunt with. Always practice with the same equipment you plan to hunt with.
I have one Lumenok in my quiver, ONE, for a reason. I'm not bashing Lumenok cause they are one of the pioneers of the lighted nocks but I do not like how the 2 terminals at the bottom of the nock where the nock and shaft meet, have to make contact with the shaft. The last deer I shot, I watched the Lumenok light up when it let the string all the way to impact where it shut off. Not good. The Lumenok is brighter than the Nockturnal, but for ease of use and simplicity in design the Nockturnal is hard to beat. A simple switch located inside the nock depresses and lights up the nock, then just insert something with a little of a point and push up to deactivate. So simple! Can't wait to try it in the field!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts