Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready for fishing, rebuilt carb on the ol jiffy, runs great. need somekind of light for inside shanty, had one of those little battery lanterns, junk, need something I can put on the frame to shine down, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Battery operated LED light bar?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one at meijers, its basically a flashlight, points straight down lol. was hoping for like a longer one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought 3 of the frabill light bars that have 4 lights each and have them positioned on the bars of the shanty. They seem to work great for me and the batteries last all season.

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts
Battery operated LED light bar?
I got one. It looks like it's going to work awesome. Only tried it in the garage tho lol. Clam shanty version.
I had it on over night a week ago on a vexilar size battery that was fully charged, was still bright when I woke up the next morning. Probably on 8 hrs. The wires and battery clip seem small and fragile tho. Time will tell.
Josh

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I hang a propane lantern from the middle of my Clam Big Foot with a nice Frabill velcro hanger (so I don't torch the shanty) during lowlight or after dark fishing. But it is hard to beat a nice head lamp as was stated in previous post. It is hands off and shines up what you happen to be looking at which may be the hole when fighting a fish or a lure when retying so it is perfect. You get what you pay for with those though and the better ones are around $30+ but I've had cheaper (will work but not nearly as bright) but I am buying a better one for sure. They are also good for walking out and back in complete darkness as they are totally hands free. I've thought about LEDs and other methods but it is just more junk to haul and more junk equals more weight and time to set up. With a headlamp it takes 3 seconds to put on and is nice for unloading or gearing up machines, travel, set up on the spot, retying lures, cracking a cold beer, or whatever, haha. If nothing else, a good back up at some point during the day and I've always found a use for it all year round when camping, kayaking, hunting, you name it. Good investment.

·
Registered
25,187 Posts
There are all kind of LED light bars of different sizes and shapes available most any place these days..

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Go Coleman Fan Light Combo: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Cool-Zephyr-Ceiling-Light/dp/B00168XMD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420668932&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+tent+fan+with+light"]Amazon.com: Coleman Cool Zephyr Ceiling Fan with Light: Sports & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41yZzObYSeL[/ame] This solves both the light and heat issue in a shanty. With the two speed fan to even out the heat and light. Only problem it is a bit bulky but gets the job done.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I like a lot of light, a headlamp does not cut it for me. I have always used a propane lantern of some sort, the latest few years a coleman compact model. On someone elses good reviews though I bought an led light strip from Northernbrightlights.com, zip tied it to frame, plug into sonar battery, good to go, lights it up like no other.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts