Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anymore about the state offering life time lic. Read about it a couple months ago but nothing sence

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
699 Posts
My parents bought a lifetime fishing license for me in 1985 for my graduation present. The ultimate gift that keeps giving.:)

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
I like the idea of a lifetime license for my personal bottom line but not for the states.

We already have some of the cheapest tags in the union for hunting and fishing. If we want to increase money for the DNR we need to look at other ways of doing it.

Something I have thought about and would be in support of is a state land use permit.I have been to states where this is in practice and I kinda like the idea of it. That money from the permit would go back into maintaining, buying, leasing lands for use to enjoy. Also it would help fund workers to keep these lands cleaner year round due to illegal dumping of waste. I have talked to some land managers with the DNR and they would need at least one full-time person to focus on just that area alone to keep the trash off the parking areas and lands in some areas.

If you don't think illegal dumping i a problem take a look at this clean up I headed up last year.We had only 7 guys show up and we where able to remove about 4 tons of trash from just around the parking lots and ditches on the edges of the state land.

Power of Seven

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Something I have thought about and would be in support of is a state land use permit.

I am not sure when, but they used to offer a "Public Access Stamp" back when hunters were issued back tags.

That is what that $ was specifically designated, if I remember correctly.

However, it was wrapped up into increased license fees I belive.

I dont know exactly when, but I remember them, and have a few of them on my back tags from the mid 1980's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope the state approves this I will be the second person to buy a fishing lic.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts