Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an inexperienced non-resident hunter from Missouri. My uncle has invited me out to his cabin in Northern MI. I tried to get in a hunter safety class as soon as I realized that I needed it for a license. I was unsuccessful. I have read that MI has an apprentice hunter program. Can I get that license as a non-resident, if so how much $$? We will be hunting on private land using firearms. My Uncle is an experienced hunter with 30 years of hunting in MI. What are my options? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Yes, you can purchase a non-resident Apprentice license.

You did not advise what you will be hunting so use the below link for $$.. But, my guess is deer hunting and that is $138.00 for non-resident. In the event you are deer hunting, I would NOT purchase the license on-line as they have to mail you your kill tags and might not arrive on time. Purchase the license when you get here from a licensed dealer.

As stated on the top of the above link:
Note: Apprentice hunting licenses cost the same as the corresponding regular hunting license shown below.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_14518-173829--,00.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Is there any less expensive way to get licensed such as the Antlerless Deer Permits for Private Land? I tried looking that up but the availability list is confusing. I will be hunting in Curran, Alcona County.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Looks like are private land antlerless licenses left in that area. Non-resident is $100. I sent you a message with more information/links...

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Another option is to hang with your uncle while he is the official hunter. Depending on his setup you could be next to him. You could learn a lot for next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts