Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys seeing as i dont have kids, and didnt hunt waterfowl until i needed all license / stamps i am looking for a little help! i am taking my bosses kid out Sunday for the youth hunt and want to make sure i get him all legit! what licenses / stamps does a 15 year old need to hunt this weekend? he already has his small game. does he need a federal or a state stamp? or both? he has never duck hunted before so i want to teach him that making sure your are all legit is part of being a good hunter. thank you in advance -Quack

·
Registered
329 Posts
License and Waterfowl Stamp Requirements

To hunt migratory waterfowl in Michigan you must have a small game hunting license. Persons age 16 and older also must have a Michigan Waterfowl Hunting License ($5.00) and a Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp* ($15.00). For information on waterfowl seasons, bag limits and other regulations, see the 2008-2009 Michigan Waterfowl Hunting Guide and the 2008 Waterfowl Reserved Hunt brochure (PDF).

The HIP endorsement (see HIP information in this guide) is required for all persons hunting migratory birds.

Small game license options (only one required).
●Residents small game license $15.00
●Resident senior small game license $ 6.00
●Resident junior small game license $ 1.00
(These licenses are not required for a resident, resident's spouse, or resident's children to hunt on their enclosed farmland on which they live.
●Nonresident small game license $69.00
●Nonresident 3-day small game license $30.00

Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp
The Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp must be signed with your name across the face in ink. It is available at post offices and some Michigan license agents. All other items are available from license dealers or online from the DNR Web site: www.michigan.gov/dnr.

Looks like he's OK with just the small game. Next year he'll need the other stuff.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey guys seeing as i dont have kids, and didnt hunt waterfowl until i needed all license / stamps i am looking for a little help! i am taking my bosses kid out Sunday for the youth hunt and want to make sure i get him all legit! what licenses / stamps does a 15 year old need to hunt this weekend? he already has his small game. does he need a federal or a state stamp? or both? he has never duck hunted before so i want to teach him that making sure your are all legit is part of being a good hunter. thank you in advance -Quack
Junior small game.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_14518-31236--,00.html

·
Registered
963 Posts
Just the small game is all you need. Its cool that its only a buck to license a youth.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Good for you. I was scheduled to take my 15 yr old sister-in-law out for her first ever hunt on Saturday, and had the same question. I think I was more excited than she. Unfortunately, her grandma is about to pass away, so the outing is cancelled.
Good luck - I hope you guys have a ton of success!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts