Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am in need of some opinions if possible. I will be hunting deer again for the first time in about 25 years. I have everything ready to go, except my license....
Here is my dilemma: So far I can't find any of my old licenses or my hunters safety permit (which i took in 1987). If I go and try to get a license, will they have something that old on file? If not, how can I secure my license in time? Thank you very much in advance for any help anybody can give me.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
But it on line. Simple yes or no question.

·
Registered
9,845 Posts
Steel plugger, welcome back to the sport! Last year was also a return for me after a several year absence.

·
Banned
444 Posts
They will send it to you. Good to gave if you ever want to hunt in a state that wants proof.

I have my original, but wanted a copy. I think I just gave me name and some info. I took mine around 85 or 86

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Steel plugger, welcome back to the sport! Last year was also a return for me after a several year absence.

Welcome back to both of you!

I would like to understand from both of you why you took some time off of the sport and why you decided to come back?

....and of course, BEST OF LUCK this fall!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome back to both of you!

I would like to understand from both of you why you took some time off of the sport and why you decided to come back?

....and of course, BEST OF LUCK this fall!
First off, thanks all for the info. I really appreciate it. Turns out all I needed was my drivers license. They never even asked me about hunters safety.
Thanks also to kroppe and motdean for the welcome back.
To answer your question motdean, there were a few reasons why I haven't hunted in a long time. First off, I am a horribly addicted Steelhead fisherman. Typically, I usually do my best fishing while gun hunting is going on. I guess being married I also had to kinda be selective about my time spent in the outdoors. Another reason is that all my deer hunting so far in my life was done in the UP. I never really wanted to deal with hunting in the LP, especially in SE Michigan.
All of this changed though when I went out and sat with my buddy in his blind last year. Although there hasn't been a single fall where I don't think about hunting, definitely sitting in the blind last year got the hunting juices flowing again. Now i just need the clock to tick faster so we can get to opening day...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts