Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be trading some hunts with some friends from southern Louisiana and Utah. I have a open invite/seat to hunt the great salt lake and do some redfish fishing and even gator gar/duck hunting in Texas. I am checking mich waterfowl site online and looking for clarification. I see non res small game is $30 for 3 days and $69 for season, and off coarse the $15 stamp, but nothing on the waterfowl license. So is it just $5 like it is for us?

·
Registered
11,636 Posts
I may be trading some hunts with some friends from southern Louisiana and Utah. I have a open invite/seat to hunt the great salt lake and do some redfish fishing and even gator gar/duck hunting in Texas. I am checking mich waterfowl site online and looking for clarification. I see non res small game is $30 for 3 days and $69 for season, and off coarse the $15 stamp, but nothing on the waterfowl license. So is it just $5 like it is for us?
i've done the redfish/gar stuff in LA, good times, you will enjoy it. sorry no help on your non-res michigan pricing, i do know they raised it for 2014 tho.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am at a crossroad. Guess I'm fortunate enough to meet good people and have to decide where my limited funds will send me. I try for a out of state hunt or fishing trip every year. Got big dreams to shoot gator off my boat. But my offers for great salt lake ducks, Texas gar/ducks or La ducks is firing me up when season closes here. Just gotta get my southern buds up here and set legally.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Either way if you need someone to like carry your bags or something you have my number :D

·
Registered
11,636 Posts
I am at a crossroad. Guess I'm fortunate enough to meet good people and have to decide where my limited funds will send me. I try for a out of state hunt or fishing trip every year. Got big dreams to shoot gator off my boat. But my offers for great salt lake ducks, Texas gar/ducks or La ducks is firing me up when season closes here. Just gotta get my southern buds up here and set legally.
i hunted point aux chenes (south of houma) back in early 2000's. It got smoked by katrina pretty bad and the duck hunting is just now starting to rebound to what it was. The redfish have been pretty stellar tho, gar were everywhere...kinda like carp here. lol. Have some good friends that own the marina there and he rode out katrina at his marina...completely insane move. His marina/bar is on like 15' stilts and the water came through it and pretty much wiped away everything he owned. Hes still there today doing this thing tho. true cajun.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yes...the waterfowl stamp is the same for non-residents and residents...$5.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts