Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we made it through another year. I know in my household it has been interesting, yet a good one. I'm still married so far....:lol:

I'm looking forward to many more years of being around. You're stuck with me guys.:yikes:

It is REALLY cold this morning. We've got a balmy 9 degrees working with a breeze. Those Christmas gifts of thermals and new boots will get a workout this morning.

Go get 'em!! Be safe.

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Would love to be out this morn, 15 deg, and about 1/2 of snow. They'll be moving today. Gotta work to about 2 then ill be out. Tomorrow should be good as well. Good Luck All..

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Trying a mid morning hunt myself...heading out at 10 a.m. Bit chilly but its big boy hunting weather now!

St8

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'll be out this afternoon. I have some errands to get done this morning but should get out in the stand around 2. Good luck and stay warm!!

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm out! Northern jackson county. Fresh snow last night made it impossible to get in quietly. Wind is up and down but good direction. Good luck

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
So far we made it through another year. I know in my household it has been interesting, yet a good one. I'm still married so far....:lol:

I'm looking forward to many more years of being around. You're stuck with me guys.:yikes:

It is REALLY cold this morning. We've got a balmy 9 degrees working with a breeze. Those Christmas gifts of thermals and new boots will get a workout this morning.

Go get 'em!! Be safe.
I'm very glad to hear you've decided to stick with us for the time being, it just wouldn't be the same without you! :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting and anything but normal would describe this past year for me and my family yet it could always have been worse. Lots of things to be grateful for that many people take for granted. Although I don't regret not doing so during this part of my life I would like to this coming year find some of the time I had for many years, many years ago to spend more time afield and on the water, soft and/or hard. You guys and gals that are doing it now cherish every moment for as you and your life changes the years come and go quicker each one. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Getting ready to head out here in Ionia for the last sit of the year it's cold boys stay warm

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yesterday morning and this morning were my last 2 sits for the season. Private land around Ada.
Alls I can say is if anybody is on the fence about buying a heater body suit I'd highly recommend you go buy one! They are sweet!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm very glad to hear you've decided to stick with us for the time being, it just wouldn't be the same without you! :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting and anything but normal would describe this past year for me and my family yet it could always have been worse. Lots of things to be grateful for that many people take for granted. Although I don't regret not doing so during this part of my life I would like to this coming year find some of the time I had for many years, many years ago to spend more time afield and on the water, soft and/or hard. You guys and gals that are doing it now cherish every moment for as you and your life changes the years come and go quicker each one. :)
What is "normal" Greg?:confused: You have a safe and easy transition into the New Year! All work and no play make your freezer empty.:fish:

Cedar Swamp: What is an IWOM suit? I Warm suit? I might invest next season in the Heater Body Suit. I wish it came in black. That's all I wear inside my blinds. No camo.

Post pics if you get a deer today.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
I might invest next season in the Heater Body Suit. I wish it came in black. That's all I wear inside my blinds. No camo......
Me too! Do you hunt the early or late season NELP Ninja hunt? :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,970 Posts
Damn its bitter cold

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
234 Posts
HBS makes a black overlay that covers the top 1/2 of the suit for $30.
You can no doubt make one yourself for less.
I wear mine like it is (camo) in a pop-up and it hasn't been an issue.
I spend a lot of time sitting at bases of trees, in brushpile/log blinds as well as 22' up in ladder stands from Nov 15th until the end of season.
I can't say as I've ever had a deer pick me out from my surroundings because of the suit. I can honestly say I think I get 'noticed' a lot less now that I have it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Keep at it boys, you never know when you're going to get a late season miracle in this cold! Here's some motivation, shot him in benzie co. Last night. Couldn't believe it as I was hunting for a doe.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Had to go to the dentist this morning but I'll be out this evening. Also have the itch to do some small game hunting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts