Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

161 - 180 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Out on the ground in the same spot as this morning - have yet to try an afternoon sit here so figured I might given it’s gorgeous out. Spooked a doe getting here.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Trump is counting on you!
120 miles each way, hope he appreciates it
I know I should have done an absentee ballot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Was covered up in deer all morning and actually had to drop my coat out of the tree to scare 2 fawns off that were bedded 25 yds away. They were very comfortable but I had to go place my vote for Donald J Trump at lunch today! Placed my vote and ran home to get some chores done. Ended up getting into a different stand in the same woodlot as this morning at 3:30. When I got to the base of my tree I looked across the field and saw a decent buck. I’ve seen a few doe/fawn since then and I just found that buck across the field again in binos. It’s a dandy buck. Definite shooter for me. Too bad he’s 354 yds away and he can’t hear my grunt call. There’s still time. Hopefully he will work his way to me before dark! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Good luck to your wife snipe I hope and pray for mild symptoms and a quick recovery for her! And I wish you guys luck on the deer.
Thank you V! Right now she has no symptoms. She’s diabetic to boot so we really got to watch her. I get tested Friday morning. My work told me not to come back until Nov 18th. How convenient is that?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Holy C'thulu is it WARM out here today! First time using the climber. I found a decent tree but as it gets skinnier, the bottom platform gets more slanted. I can easily adjust the top platform as I go, but what's the trick with the bottom? I'm not up nearly as high as I wanted to be. View attachment 597671

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
If you have a harness and stabilizer straps you can lay over the seat pull up the platform and adjust it in the air. Used to do it with my lonewolf hand climber a lot but since went to hang ons only.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Had great action this morning in SE Ohio, 3 does and 4 bucks. Two of the bucks were shooters. I had to get down at 11:30 to go pull three stands and a couple cameras, I'd love to leave them and come back in a day or two but I'm nervous they would get stolen. Been back up since 3pm with a couple turkeys and squirrels so far.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
If you have a harness and stabilizer straps you can lay over the seat pull up the platform and adjust it in the air. Used to do it with my lonewolf hand climber a lot but since went to hang ons only.
That does make sense. No straps or harness here, though. Keeping it risky. Now that's fair chase.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Thank you V! Right now she has no symptoms. She’s diabetic to boot so we really got to watch her. I get tested Friday morning. My work told me not to come back until Nov 18th. How convenient is that?

Your welcome Snipe.

And, One of my favorite lines from Office Space is: “sometimes good things happen to good people.”

That was obviously directed at you and your misfortune of having to quarantine till the 18th Of November.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I gotta ask @bigbucks160 that’s what 4-5 times he been in range in a few days.. can you see a pattern? I’m just trying to learn... and I would think they’d be more Wandering than sticking to the same travel pattern
This is the 1st time I’ve seen him on the northern most part of my property. I had a much larger 10 by me yesterday. Absolutely no pattern this time of the year. Definitely wandering!!
I've also got to ask BigBuck160 a question.

Is your hunting ground considered a zoo? I suspect people would pay just to watch what your seeing. Of course most would need to wear a bib to catch the drool.
Funny you say that we actually nicknamed it “The zoo”. It can be very entertaining to say the least. You can learn a lot watching unpressured deer. don't get me wrong there’s a LOT of pressure around me. I just try to give them sanctuaries to feel safe and only during the rut do I get close to them.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
What county you in and is your neighbors property for sale? I need to get me some land.
Calhoun co. If they do sell I’m going to try and buy. Gotta save the herd somehow lol

161 - 180 of 297 Posts