Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

201 - 221 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Holy C'thulu is it WARM out here today! First time using the climber. I found a decent tree but as it gets skinnier, the bottom platform gets more slanted. I can easily adjust the top platform as I go, but what's the trick with the bottom? I'm not up nearly as high as I wanted to be. View attachment 597671

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Check into an Equalizer Climber. You can level yourself off with it.

·
Administrator
17,518 Posts
No sightings today, but producrive. Found s new trail to set up on where I wss this morning, pulled the cam from where I took a doe and have an 8 and a spike, but 8 is at night. Found a nice scrspe on MY property and set the cam up on it.
Hunting the scrspe way back on state land in the am...May not have service.
"Night all!
<----<<<

·
Registered
334 Posts
Holy C'thulu is it WARM out here today! First time using the climber. I found a decent tree but as it gets skinnier, the bottom platform gets more slanted. I can easily adjust the top platform as I go, but what's the trick with the bottom? I'm not up nearly as high as I wanted to be. View attachment 597671

Check into an Equalizer Climber. You can level yourself off with it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Screenshot_20201103-181920_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201103-181837_Gallery.jpg

Sorry for the delay, got started on the euro and got side tracked.
Chasing started about 15 minutes after I got in the stand, 5:45 approximately, couldn't hardly see but the damn sound of it was exciting. So when I could finally see there was 4 does and 3 bucks running amock. They stayed in front of me for a good while, just chasing in circles in the tall grass.

When they finally had enough, all the does came in to 10 yards of me parade style. The 4 point came next, then the 6 point after, then the buck I killed, all on the same line. Thought the buck was bigger, had a little ground shrinkage occur lol. Oh well, I'm tagged out and had a great season. Good luck out there, things sure are happening in Washtenaw County

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Here. Let's see if this gets moderated.
I gotta say, Mac, between here and the Lk Erie group, you take more heat than anyone I know. I admire your candor, mental toughness and sense of adventure. Being seriously risk-averse, myself, your activities make me cringe. I say that with due respect. I hope you get a clean kill this year.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Here. Let's see if this gets moderated.

**** you.

I'm better educated and more successful than you.

Perhaps I'm just not a scared old bitch.

Did you just assume his education level? How dare you in this day and age. What are you basing your success level on? For us people in the crowd.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
View attachment 597749 View attachment 597751

Sorry for the delay, got started on the euro and got side tracked.
Chasing started about 15 minutes after I got in the stand, 5:45 approximately, couldn't hardly see but the damn sound of it was exciting. So when I could finally see there was 4 does and 3 bucks running amock. They stayed in front of me for a good while, just chasing in circles in the tall grass.

When they finally had enough, all the does came in to 10 yards of me parade style. The 4 point came next, then the 6 point after, then the buck I killed, all on the same line. Thought the buck was bigger, had a little ground shrinkage occur lol. Oh well, I'm tagged out and had a great season. Good luck out there, things sure are happening in Washtenaw County
Looks like a good size deer to me. Not nearly as much red in the pics as expected. :)

Congrats!

201 - 221 of 297 Posts