Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good luck today! Should be a beautiful morning. 32 degrees in w mi supposed to climb to 47 by 9am and almost zero wind. Hoping turkeys are vocal today. I'm taking my dad hunting this morning for his first ever turkey hunt. Time to create some memories!

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Been sitting in a different ambush spot but same field since 415, one of the toms likes to cruise the thick woodlot all morning till he picks up his hen then they like to hang out in this second field and corner of the first field. Got the same couple of cobblers firing up from their usual spots on private.

· Registered
5,711 Posts
Good luck hope your dad gets one.Just heading out to drink coffee and watch for couple hours.Then check out plants in nursery.Future forecast looks good plan to buy all my plants saterday and start planting next weekend.So next week will be my last week looking at turkeys.Garden will take couple weeks to plant.Hope to see everyone with a. Turkey today

· Premium Member
572 Posts
Envious of you guys out there this week! Wish we had a tag left to chase those toms! We filled up 4/4 last week
so now its off to fishing..
Fishing is a great alternative, be at it soon. Quiet so far, 1 early gobble on this beautiful morning. Usually a late morning spot, only Jake's last couple times out. Hopefully big boys will be on the move today. Good luck to all that's out.

· Registered
5,711 Posts
View attachment 766992 Worth the wait, 9:30 this Tom worked his way in. Gobbled way off, then again about 100 yards and stepped into the opening at 80. A few soft purrs and a great display ends my season. Good luck to everyone still hunting.
Congrats really
View attachment 766992 Worth the wait, 9:30 this Tom worked his way in. Gobbled way off, then again about 100 yards and stepped into the opening at 80. A few soft purrs and a great display ends my season. Good luck to everyone still hunting.
Congrats really nice looking Tom.I just came in saw one jake.

· Registered
970 Posts
Nice bird! And good luck to those still trying to fill tags!

I just came in from a little walk around our 20 acres and was wishing I had an excuse to be chasing turkeys. Our place is a bit wet for turkeys but it was nice to see mallards and wood ducks using the pond and swamp. Kicked up a deer too. Beautiful day to be in the woods.

· Registered
22,563 Posts

· Registered
22,563 Posts
Another of the Mrs. Flight's turkey totes put to good use. Are there any Turkey hunters here that don't have one?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.