Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Got the grandson sitting with me this morning right in the middle of my woods. When I got him up this morning he said " Papa, I couldn't sleep. I keep waking up five or six times because I was dreaming about the big buck".
It doesn't get any better then that.

View attachment 599701
Love the Bear recurve and the back quiver, nothing better than that. Those were the days when it was difficult to shoot a deer with a bow. All the new bows have taken the skill out of it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Finally some action - had what appeared to be a shooter buck sniffing around to my south about 80yds, taking his time but working away from me. As I was blowing on my grunt tube like a kazoo to try and get his attention had another deer bust out of the little swampy pothole in front of me at about 70 yds. Both now gone out of my life for the time being.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Had a doe come through just before daylight and a few minutes ago the same 4 pt came through which I have passed 5 times now.

WTF...heard 2 close gun shots just N of us this morning. First at 7:10 and second at 7:16 am. It’s all woods where they came from...hard to believe it wasn’t someone poaching the week before gun season.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
One morning this week, I heard a gun shot at 7:10 and another about a minute later, about five minutes later I hear two truck doors slam and burn away. Good ole Arenac

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Lots of doe activity. Saw the buck dlawerence posted above plus a wide 8pt and a 5pt

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice doe moved through close - unfortunately she didn’t give a decent shot but was making consistent estrous bleats as she went through.

61 - 80 of 288 Posts