Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LFTS 11/7/20

31K views 352 replies 122 participants last post by  Stick Slingur 
#1 · (Edited)
Grab the sunscreen!
It’s best time of year to be in the woods...and I’m sure they’ll be some nice deer taken today. Heading out to public and 60+ degrees!

#31 ·
Last hunt here in Newaygo till firearm opener Been dam slow since Tuesday. New stand, fresh sign, good camera pictures gives me hope. Good luck all

#35 ·
I'm in.

Forgot to turn on the hot water when I got up to the cabin last night so this morning's shower was interesting - about the only good thing about it being 50 out.

Already saw what appeared to be a pretty decent buck chase a doe out of the pines in front of me just before shooting light.

#37 ·
Out on the ground, state land Alpena. Set up at 6.15. At 6.40 had one cross at 20 yards. Could only see shadows and glimpses of a white rack. Circled in front and down wind of me, gave a snort, and bounded off.
So close, but yet so far.
Good luck all.
<-----<<<

#46 ·
Im where I killed my buck last year in the pinch and it almost happened. I’m watching the first two deer threw the pinch heading for bed and I hear a deer running at me then I see the antlers coming up behind her. I turn and grab my bow as I turn back the doe is heading right for me, I turn on my sight and clip onto the string and set my feet. He isn’t wide but is tall and has long tines for our area, just as I told myself to stop looking at the antlers she turns left into the cut beans and went south back into the woods.
Flight

#50 ·
Sun is just about to come over the treetops here at the inside corner pine in Whittemore. Just as warm here as at home. Saw some fresh scrapes on the way to the stand, hope we see who made em. Wife and grandson are here also looking for their first of the season.
Plant Natural landscape Twig Wood Trunk

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.