Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just got set up in sanilac county in a gun blind I can shoot my compound out of even tho I have a tree stand 15 yards away but I sat in it last week for the first sit and it don’t look to healthy. I’m on the edge of bedding typically do see a lot of little bucks cruising here hopefully a good one comes by. Gonna hunt till 10-11 even tho I sounded like a crippled elephant getting into the blind on the short 50 yard walk into the woods I made it about 5 ft in and slipped on a rock covered in wet leave and went ft over head straight on my back. I have too run to a store and do the dad thing for a few hrs maybe sit out behind the house tonight

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Last hunt here in Newaygo till firearm opener Been dam slow since Tuesday. New stand, fresh sign, good camera pictures gives me hope. Good luck all

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I'm in.

Forgot to turn on the hot water when I got up to the cabin last night so this morning's shower was interesting - about the only good thing about it being 50 out.

Already saw what appeared to be a pretty decent buck chase a doe out of the pines in front of me just before shooting light.

·
Administrator
17,434 Posts
Out on the ground, state land Alpena. Set up at 6.15. At 6.40 had one cross at 20 yards. Could only see shadows and glimpses of a white rack. Circled in front and down wind of me, gave a snort, and bounded off.
So close, but yet so far.
Good luck all.
<-----<<<

21 - 40 of 353 Posts