Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

41 - 60 of 278 Posts

·
Administrator
35,736 Posts
Out in washtenaw, setup by 6am. Slowest morning so far this week. Sitting other side of the farm that I have been, only one lone fawn so far. Had a bruiser of a body cross in front of me on the drive out, coming off out our property however wasnt close enough to see the rack. Kind of regretting not sitting next to the real thick stuff this morning where I've been seeing some pre rut action but oh well. Sitting 30 yards from where I have this camera and had these guys on it last week. ignore dates.
Holy smokes that's a toad.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Got in the stand about 45 min before legal light in Barry County. Before I could even get settled and put my release on I had a mature doe come in to 25 yds and 2 yearlings on the opposite side of the tree. Shortly after that I had a small 5 point come through (got the pass) and all of that was before 7:15 am. Bit of a lull right now but I’m hoping a big boy comes through soon! Otherwise I’m here for the day!

Welcome back OGB! Glad to hear everything is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
205 Posts
Saw a doe in the neighbors field of purple tops that I planted for him walking in. Nothing else moving so far. Forgot my rangefinder, hope I don’t need it. The bigger buck pics I have still seem to be at night, this area always seems to have a later rut.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hello, My name is Josh and I have a problem......with women. One of those sirens put a spell on me last night and caused me to sleep right through my alarm.

Gonna wait 'til 9ish to go out. SW means I'm headed back to public, and the canoe is still loaded up so I may just repeat yesterday if it's blowing consistently.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The camera has been showing movement here just about every morning, so I got up early and made the 1 mile trek back here.

Beautiful calm cool morning with a temperature of 45 degrees here in Gladwin County.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
Hello, My name is Josh and I have a problem......with women. One of those sirens put a spell on me last night and caused me to sleep right through my alarm.

Gonna wait 'til 9ish to go out. SW means I'm headed back to public, and the canoe is still loaded up so I may just repeat yesterday if it's blowing consistently.

Good luck everyone.
Rookie mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Th
I got my wife home from the hospital and all is well. She wants to sleep in and told me to go hunting. So.......good luck all![/
I got my wife home from the hospital and all is well. She wants to sleep in and told me to go hunting. So.......good luck all!
That is great news.Got a feeling you are going to get a big one today

·
Administrator
17,518 Posts
I think the tending buck is Cornpop. I can't see any antlers on it, but I know it's a buck because the doe just stood. I can't believe the other bucks are letting this happen.

View attachment 598301
Likely population density related. Too many ladies... not enough time!
<----<<<

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hunting a new stand for the first time this morning, downwind side of a known bedding area. Settled in nice and early, about 5:30, to beat the girls back to bed. Sure enough a couple walked by in the darkness heading to bed, and around 7 a 2 1/2 year old 8 came by. In it for the long haul today, there is a bruiser 8 pt hanging around and hoping he will be checking bedding areas around mid day. Good luck to all, and shoot straight!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Picking up a little bit now. 2 doe and 4 fawns, 2 small bucks. One was pushing around the does. I like the late shift as it allows me to hunt mornings but sure wish I could stay out past 930.

41 - 60 of 278 Posts