Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It’s been a great morning so far for me but I haven’t shot anything yet.

Started with passing a small busted up 8 pt, then had a 3 pt, 4 pt, start harassing a couple doe and 2 fawns around. That brought in a nice 2.5 yr old 8 pt that I just couldn’t bring myself to shoot. Drew on him at 26.2 yds and had to let him go. He will be a stud next year if he makes it. Could have shot him 20 times while he was chasing the doe back and forth behind me. He came in directly down wind too...I was afraid that might happen given the wind direction so I have a code blue estrous doe scent bomb hanging from my bow pull rope. Must have worked!

Then the first small 8 and a 4 pt went at it 30 yds from me! First time I’ve seen a real buck fight in the woods and I videoed some of it to show my son later. That went on until the 2yr old 8 runs in and the both bolt! I’ve got a couple fawns bedded 55 yds away.

Just need a 3 yr old buck to come through!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
This 6pt just came through like a mad man I’d say cruising but in high gear, looked desperate lol
F7273CB5-0830-409F-9FFC-81D87EF4F6C4.jpeg
72384598-3156-43B0-97C0-B6A86A954A85.jpeg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Saw this big 4pointer as soon as I climbed into the ladder this morning around 7:10. Watched him for 20 min go across the field and check out some rubs, then headed down the edge of the field towards me. Got about 40 yards away and then he cut over to the neighbors. Sat for almost 2 hours then decide to stand up in the ladder. Turn around to watch the field and this same Buck walks in my clover at about 20 yards. He takes a couple of steps and get my wind and bounds away. Wasn’t expecting to see him again. He should of had brow tines and been a 6, had a big body on him. Nice start to my vacation.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Good luck to everyone hunting today. I'm headed to GR afterwork tonight and then Ohio first thing in the a.m. Should be in the stand for an evening hunt tomorrow afternoon. I will be watching this thread and posting from Ohio. Hopefully the mid 70's temps forecasted doesn't affect our hunting too bad. Might have to throw the golf clubs in the truck too.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Seems a whole lot slower then the last two days...warmer weather or locked down? A combination of it? Maybe some midday action will happen for those who stick it out.
I’m going with lock down. The wide 8 I saw this morning had one pushed off to a secluded little area
heading in shortly get some choirs done

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I’m going with lock down. The wide 8 I saw this morning had one pushed off to a secluded little area
heading in shortly get some choirs done
. In my part of Ingham county any buck with some decent nuts is either with a doe or chasing one

41 - 60 of 194 Posts