Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

81 - 100 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I got the hell out of that spot, trees falling. Found this blind not 100yds from my kill spot that was still full of leaves, no one used this season yet. I like it. Good view of some of the bedding area with a nice opening.
20201130_134628.jpg

It even has a water trough, this area is lacking a water source I believe(still learning this area tho)
20201129_152304.jpg

Good luck all!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Page 23 states zone 3.
It does not state public or private.

That's what I'll present to the Judge should I be arrested.
Yup read the reg book twice just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Doesn’t say private or public, so I’ll assume both.

Last few years in late season I’ve just small game hunted/scouted on public near me. Will be interesting to hunt it late season with a firearm. Usually it’s mostly vacated aside from the odd ML Hunter.

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yup read the reg book twice just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Doesn’t say private or public, so I’ll assume both.

Last few years in late season I’ve just small game hunted/scouted on public near me. Will be interesting to hunt it late season with a firearm. Usually it’s mostly vacated aside from the odd ML Hunter.

Sent from d_mobile
Wrong. I contacted DNR - you can only kill a buck - with a muzzleloader - on public. Late antlerless is still only antlerless on private land...

See page 40 of the Digest under the ‘Late Antlerless’ section...

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
Well guys been alot of fun, hard to believe LFTS firearm is about over.. This thread has really been alot of fun again.This thread has made me set later wanna go earlier. Love seeing the success and observations.

Windy and cold not ideal not terrible. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Out for one last hoorah on the last day of regular firearm season. Climbed in to the shack a little bit ago behind the house watching the east end of a big n beasty food plot. Does n fawns are regulars here starting about 3:330-4:30 but today the fawns were already here by 2:30. Have a few smaller bucks showing up here but just hoping for a big buck to sneak out a few minutes early for a snack with this colder weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,781 Posts
Well guys been alot of fun, hard to believe LFTS firearm is about over.. This thread has really been alot of fun again.This thread has made me set later wanna go earlier. Love seeing the success and observations.

Windy and cold not ideal not terrible. Good luck everyone.
Hang around buddy we've still got another month of deer killin coming.:)

·
Registered
10,742 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Made a little ground blind. Cut a hole to get up tight under a big cedar. Beat down a couple shooting holes in my sorghum plot screen. Pretty comfortable, lol. Not real optimistic about a shooter in here before dark, but a good dry run to drop a doe or two next week.
20201130_150721.jpg

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hang around buddy we've still got another month of deer killin coming.:)
Yes!!!!Thank you Lord.
My favorite, snow and snow camo.
Chasing whitetails with a little varmint calling in the same hunt. Been a long time for this kind of excitement in my life.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Wrong. I contacted DNR - you can only kill a buck - with a muzzleloader - on public. Late antlerless is still only antlerless on private land...

See page 40 of the Digest under the ‘Late Antlerless’ section...

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
You are wrong. Or your DNR contact was. Digest clearly states any deer on public land, and in Zone 3 and some zone 2/3 counties, muzzleloader is a second firearm season

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You are wrong. Or your DNR contact was. Digest clearly states any deer on public land, and in Zone 3 and some zone 2/3 counties, muzzleloader is a second firearm season
He is not wrong. He said during the late antlerless season. You can only shoot a buck on Public Land with a muzzleloader 12/14-1/1. You can however use any legal firemarm on Public or Private during the "muzzleload" season in Zone 3. Now...we are about to get scolded...this is LFTS...we beat this to death in other threads...feel free to look it up and read the umpteen pages of discussion;)

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
27 degrees here in Spalding twp Menominee county. This is it for the 2020 firearms deer season First time ever that I have hunted everyday of the season Feeling like OGB. Haha. Today actually feels like deer season with the intermetant snow showers Will probably burn some propane in this elevated box blind tonight. Good luck everyone and be safe. It’s been great following along with all the LFTS s everyday. Congratulations to all of you that scored but a successful hunt to me is just being out here and enjoying nature. Especially in this time we are experiencing

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
He is not wrong. He said during the late antlerless season. You can only shoot a buck on Public Land with a muzzleloader 12/14-1/1. You can however use any legal firemarm on Public or Private during the "muzzleload" season in Zone 3. Now...we are about to get scolded...this is LFTS...we beat this to death in other threads...feel free to look it up and read the umpteen pages of discussion;)
In the context to the original question you are both wrong. The original question was about limited firearms being allowed during the 10 day muzzleloader season. Not the late antlerless season. You are also wrong there as well because saying you can only shoot an antlered deer is incorrect. You can shoot any deer. I did look it up, and was one of the first people to mention the new opportunity on this forum

81 - 100 of 191 Posts