Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
I’m back in at 2:30.
No sightings yet so he either laid down so I can’t see him or he moved. He was still there at 1:30.
I’m covering the southern end of the fence and my neighbor left work early so he can cover the north.
Fingers crossed!

Classy move sharing the info with the neighbor. Many would hide the intel to give themselves the only opportunity.

Hopefully one of you score!

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
So you left for an hour so he could get up and walk away??
Hmmmm Doesn't sound like you T!!
I know. It’s complicated.
I needed to move also, hoping this spot gives me an advantage.
Also just discovered that the land owners son made it out to hunt. It’s possible the buck winded him on entry.
He’s not hunting anywhere near this buck....but maybe I’m not either.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Out in Calhoun since 2:30. Lots of movement in sanctuaries. Now I just need a shooter to move out to the open.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Been set up for a little while in a quiet & calm St. Clair County.

Good Luck!

Reactions: J D and Old lund

·
Registered
35,217 Posts
Another non stop action day. Deer have been in and out of here all afternoon. Two different spikes a 7 does and 7 fawns. It looks like mr big eluded me this firearm season.

I was just checking my notes for the UP Deer Camp survey. I have not had a backless sit which is a first for me. I’m hoping that trend continues through ML season.

The migration has not really started. I’m hoping it waits another week.

When deer move in they sometimes bring wolves with them. It doesn’t even take a day for them to push all the deer out of this block of woods. They typically filter back but if the conditions are right I’m done here for the year.

Doe number 8 is walking by right now.

It was great sharing my shack with you guys. We’ll talk again next Friday if I have cell signal.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Last hour doe down.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 114 Posts