Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Headed in to packup and head toward the house. Super slow. No deer sighted and only 1 distant shot. Southern huron county.

Good news, its a beutiful day!

Reactions: vsmorgantown

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Had Smithville all to myself for 4 days managed big doe for freezer thanksgiving night. Seen 4 bucks by 10am this morning all together wouldn’t have made 100” lol. Need some cold to force them to our food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
So I lied. I got up this morning and mentally just wasn't there to go out. I sat on the couch, got one sock on, and fell back asleep. Just woke up. Looks like i'll be going out for a PM hunt instead.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Was blessed when light came this morning to see this trophy.

View attachment 609695
My grandson decided last night to hunt a box up in our NE corner. It hasn’t seen much use since we found oak wilt around it and had to clear a ton of trees out right around it. One guy did sit in it earlier this season and I went up there in October to throw a TomCat block in. The guy who hunted it didn’t mention any mice. I think my grandson had a feeling that a 9 point he saw after night might saunter by.

So when I asked my grandson what he saw I was surprised to hear “ten mice!” I said that must have been interesting viewing and he said they settled down a bit after awhile. They nest in the old chair we leave up there, and with the mice around here this year one block wasn’t enough!

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Passed up a coyote at first light. Started to feel a little guilty. He just chased two deer out of th
My grandson decided last night to hunt a box up in our NE corner. It hasn’t seen much use since we found oak wilt around it and had to clear a ton of trees out right around it. One guy did sit in it earlier this season and I went up there in October to throw a TomCat block in. The guy who hunted it didn’t mention any mice. I think my grandson had a feeling that a 9 point he saw after night might saunter by.

So when I asked my grandson what he saw I was surprised to hear “ten mice!” I said that must have been interesting viewing and he said they settled down a bit after awhile. They nest in the old chair we leave up there, and with the mice around here this year one block wasn’t enough!
Watch it with them blocks if you have a heater. They store it. Had decon out all summer. Go get blind ready, put new tank on crank up blue flame, yup it works. Come back to hunt fire it up after a lil bit horrible smell billowing smoke. Shut off take it home, tear apart, they packed it full of decon. Now I've had it with grass and cotton and stuff but never decon.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
View attachment 609739 Just starting to think the morning was going to be a wash when she came along leading a group of 10. Big girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Congrats!
Same 6 does on a mission came through about 8:00. Three good size does then the other three 2min later same path but a little tighter (12yds)to me, wind was perfect. Momma with 2 button buck fawns following. Last button kept looking back but nothing following. I think I'll backup about 10-15yds next sit. Good luck everyone that is still out.

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
If that’s a raised blind I’d advise putting flashing around the posts. No more mice
It's not built before they were allowed plus it's 6x6 with rough sawn pine, to lift it would take a payloader lol

Reactions: jiggin is livin

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Just some thoughts setting here. Am I the only one that receives less and less texts from friends in the blind in the morning as the season wears on. Your buddies text ya about 10 see any? Knowing you went. Ask them did you?"Nah have a dentist appointment at 11:30" :coco:

Another observation of my friends even during bow season. No one has any morning spots. Good example this fall asked one of my good friends you go this morning? "Nah man, don't really have any morning spots" Now he hunts 200 prime acres I've been on it, not one morning spot? There are some hunters out there that have to be setting on the Mecca's of morning spots.

Thank goodness for MS in morning where the hardcore hunters get up go out in the cold to man their phone.

Ok that is my bored worthless drivel for the morning. Carry on
Just waiting for the tractor to get here

View attachment 609719
congrats good way to end season.o wait another gun season opens friday

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
61 - 80 of 222 Posts