Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Was blessed when light came this morning to see this trophy.

View attachment 609695
I'm so fed up with the "elitist" hunters these days. Always gotta have a sponsor with some name brand showing. Can't just be about the hunt anymore. Why, in my day, we just put out generic traps. Killed 'em just as dead. Ridiculous...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm so fed up with the "elitist" hunters these days. Always gotta have a sponsor with some name brand showing. Can't just be about the hunt anymore. Why, in my day, we just put out generic traps. Killed 'em just as dead. Ridiculous...
Now thats funny!!! In a way true. But still funny.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Just some thoughts setting here. Am I the only one that receives less and less texts from friends in the blind in the morning as the season wears on. Opening morning can't keep up. As the days fade buddies text ya about 10 see any? Knowing you went. Ask them did you?"Nah have a dentist appointment at 11:30" :coco: Or "No wife is going to Hobby Lobby, figured I'd go with her"

Another observation of my friends even during bow season. No one has any morning spots. Good example this fall asked one of my good friends you go this morning? "Nah man, don't really have any morning spots" Now he hunts 200 prime acres I've been on it, not one morning spot? There are some hunters out there that have to be setting on the Mecca's of morning spots.

Thank goodness for MS in morning where the hardcore hunters get up go out in the cold to man their phone.

Ok that is my bored worthless drivel for the morning, I have one for this evening to carry on.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Back out in NELP. Another beautiful morning but also unbelievably slow for this piece of land. Deer have nearly vanished, even letting some food plots gain a little growth. I have hunted a lot including a great deal of late season public and private and never seen anything quite like this on a piece with only moderate pressure and plenty of deer food.
65618C24-C384-4957-869A-10C28D21A313.jpeg

·
Registered
298 Posts
Took a while...but I'll start my first LFTS for the season. Up sipp'n on coffee and prepping for the drive down to Cass County with my son. I haven't been out in quite a while, so definitely excited to get back out on the farm. Might be a good day to fill that doe tag. Not sure how big a buck has to be to fill that second tag...we'll see if one gets me excited. Should be a beautiful day...at least a comfy one for us hunters. Good luck everyone!
Good luck all!

·
Registered
995 Posts
20201129_090509.jpg

Been watching some deer running back and forth in the woods about 150 yards out all morning, looking like some chasing. 15 mins ago had two adult does come trotting by in front of me, mouths open. One was an old hag id love to shoot but I was too curious to see what was following. Nothing apparently. Eaton Co.

41 - 60 of 222 Posts