Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Brrrrrrrr. You sir are a better man than I.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Where is everyone? LFT(Store)? Warmer today than last weekend here in Hillsdale county. Hesfing out soon. Good luck all.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Climbing into the binoculars and able to see pretty good with snow down. Its 16* here in Alcona land.

Keep Cash on his lead today Mike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
335 Posts
Only 20 degrees here in jackson. Feels a lot warmer than it has been with there being no wind. Pretty sure I jumped every deer walking in cause its dead quiet. Heard something jumping around in the hedgerow when I was walking in. Probably evacuated the whole area.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
18° here in Clinton County. Nice and quiet, ready to take one down!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Late start had to shake off the turkey coma also 16 in alcona co

Sent from my VS930 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
414 Posts
My son n I got the buddy heater blasting here in Montcalm. Had 7 bust through early. Must of got bumped by neighbors or something. Few shots in the distance but real quiet by us.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
5F near Hillman, 10-year old grandson dozing in blind & not shivering yet. One small racked buck at first light is all so far.

·
Registered
35,751 Posts
2* in the EUP. Deer sightings are really staring to drop with this winter weather pattern. The migration is well under way. The best I can hope for now is have a big one stop by on the way to the yards. The migration happens so fast, like the cold, it will take your breath away.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wishn I was out but on call all weekend , did sit last night seen a beauty of a 7 pt hope he makes it thru. Watched him for about 40 mins eating. 6 does never even had an interest , body looked to be about 2.5 had about 15-17 inch spread g2s were about 4-5 inches only 1 small brow tine good luck everyone

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
51 Posts
Beautiful morning. 12 degrees an calm wind with about 5" of snow. Quiet morning until an 8pt came in chasing a 4 pt. not sure what it was all about; but' I took him an back in the cabin drinking some warm coffee waiting for the others to come in and help.

As I sit here the good feeling is all the hard work is paying off an my property is improving. I have had my property for three years and 4 hunting seasons. First year no trails' food plots and never saw a buck over a 4 pt. I took a screwy 4 pt in year one, a 6 pt in year two, a nice( but small 8 pt) in year 3 and now my biggest buck yet on my own property, an 8pt today. By no means a trophy by inches; but, a trophy of progression. I from southern Indiana originally and still blessed I can go down there and hunt every year for "inches". But, having your own land that you have improved and watching the heard improve is very rewarding. We have let many walk the last 2 years and we are now seeing the rewards. Trail cam pull last night shows we have many more up an comers and we can continue to more and more selective as we progress.

Good luck to those of you still on stand and enjoy the beautiful weather today.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Beautiful morning. 12 degrees an calm wind with about 5" of snow. Quiet morning until an 8pt came in chasing a 4 pt. not sure what it was all about; but' I took him an back in the cabin drinking some warm coffee waiting for the others to come in and help.

As I sit here the good feeling is all the hard work is paying off an my property is improving. I have had my property for three years and 4 hunting seasons. First year no trails' food plots and never saw a buck over a 4 pt. I took a screwy 4 pt in year one, a 6 pt in year two, a nice( but small 8 pt) in year 3 and now my biggest buck yet on my own property, an 8pt today. By no means a trophy by inches; but, a trophy of progression. I from southern Indiana originally and still blessed I can go down there and hunt every year for "inches". But, having your own land that you have improved and watching the heard improve is very rewarding. We have let many walk the last 2 years and we are now seeing the rewards. Trail cam pull last night shows we have many more up an comers and we can continue to more and more selective as we progress.

Good luck to those of you still on stand and enjoy the beautiful weather today.
Awesome. Lets see some pics!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
51 Posts
I will when I go back out to get him. Didn't have my phone on me this morning. Going to go get breakfast ready for father- in- law and brother-in- law. Maybe that will want them to help me drag to a road

1 - 20 of 48 Posts