Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Lfts 11/28

29K views 251 replies 91 participants last post by  pescadero 
#1 ·
Good luck guys.
Stuck at work till 7.
Will go get a couple hours nap and try to be in stand by noon.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#103 ·
Reactions: Lever4ever
#102 ·
Beautiful morning but no deer.
Had to pull my pop up blind...due to Mother Nature destruction LOL
View attachment 609301
Glad I had a ladder stand close by!!!
That’s perfect now. No deer would ever think anyone would be in there. But it does suck

#125 ·
I’m the same way, that’s why I sit with the boy......he has no feelings.
Flight
A couple of doe having a boxing match.
when I used to feed deer in my yard those mature does would eat before anyone this included bucks. Would watch then kick the crap out of any of them that tried before her. Little guys would come and eat at noon because it was safer from their own mothers. They would kick bucks as well. Survival of the fittest!

#117 ·
OPERATION DEPLOY AND DESTROY

Put Operation Deploy and Destroy back in effect again this morning.

Before season set 12 mouse traps I only caught 3 before season much to my dismay, with a few more tripped. Didn't catch anymore. Removed 6 traps so I wasnt setting them off with my feet. Wasn't much activity so I got lazy with them.

Well low and behold this morning I had 1 further inspection revealed baitless traps and they got into my butter and sunflower seeds.

Normally bait with peanut butter, but didn't have any. I've had luck with seeds and peanuts before never used butter, but seeing it's a primary food source I lubed up my sunflower seeds with butter acting as a bonding agent to trap. It should make them work a little harder thus ensuring they get caught. How they can eat your bait not get caught is beyond me because they are touchy, A few pro tips I employed today set the bait further back on holder for accurate neck shot. Also I have two primary entrances they use to get in, I created funnels just to the side with water bottles ensuring they had to go between them and the wall.

If I'd known this I'd have brought scent killer for the traps and wore rubber gloves to minimize my smell.

#Victorprostaff
#DavidSunflowerSeeds
#LandOLakesButter
What size is considered a trophy

#123 ·
The red squirrel. I think he got a surprise first day I set 4 where he comes in by heater hose all tripped no mouse.

Then opening morning we had a staredown at the window.

#120 ·
What causes deer hair to fall out in clumps? This is on my access trail behind a row of houses. One in particular that we have had issues with this year with their grandkids trespassing to small game hunt. Trying to think they didn't shot a deer off their patio. House is 60 yards away
Or breeding. On elk the cows hair by the shoulders will get shaved like from a barber razor, from the bulls hooves. I haven't seen that as much in deer, but probably some gets removed in the process.

#127 ·
Finally got a decent cell signal and all caught up on what my wife calls "the deer p*rn website." Sure was crispy this morning climbing out of the pick up topper. Still nothing happening here at Brush Lake. The deer don't seem to be in their usual places. I hope to be retired by next season and scout much better.

#129 ·
On 11/17 hunting close to where I am now, someone shot a deer and didn’t get it. Ran out of blood in the snow. They had 3 hunting tents along the ridge I was on.

First time back today, I get to pick up their garbage they left after they took their tents down. Next year I believe I will lighten their load even more for them. That nylon melts down to a small package if I recall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.