Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
My buddys 21 year old son just snap chatted me. He Just shot his first ever deer, a doe. He was stuttering and shaking in the video. It was awesome!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
They're moving this morning in Osceola. At 740 had a pretty good buck stick his head out the pines - stood up to get a better look but I lost track of him as he headed west. 10 min later 2 does on the same trail and 5 min after that 6 more antlerless. A nearby shot spooked the last 3 out of the field.

Heard 5-6 shots so far, 4 of them fairly close.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Have seen the most deer I have seen in one sit all season. At nineteen or twenty already. One lone spike trying to push some around. Doe groups herding up and have found the safest spot to be the tall grass right behind the barn.

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
Awesome morning! Heard more shooting already this morning than last week combined! Kid east of me diesel truck had been running since 725. He just left the driveway it’s 830. SMH Got 4 of us out today. See what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Glad some of you are seeing good activity. Beautiful morning in NELP but deer activity on this property the least I’ve seen in 23 years of hunting it. Purely a gun season phenomenon here; deer all over in bow season. Just a combination of several things going on here this year vs others.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Launched the boat about 5:30 this morning. Headed to a cattail spot I heard the deer in last night. As I pull away from the launch dad calls me. Says he doesn’t feel real well and can’t go out with my grandpa this morning. Wondering if I’ll fill in.

Put the boat back on the trailer stop back home for a radio so I can communicate with grandpa and finally hit the woods about daylight.

kind of crispy this morning for a stealthy entrance. I don’t have very high hopes for me but grandpa is a deers worst nightmare so hopefully I’ll get to do some guttin and dragging

41 - 60 of 252 Posts