Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Bit breezy but still a nice morning in GT County. Haven’t seen anything yet but heard one shot on property to the north of me this morning. Short sit as I wanna join the community send off for our TC Central Trojans as they head to Ford Field to face Warren DLS tomorrow. Let’s go Trojans! View attachment 800661
. Good luck to your team! Nice bow is that a Martin? Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Bit breezy but still a nice morning in GT County. Haven’t seen anything yet but heard one shot on property to the north of me this morning. Short sit as I wanna join the community send off for our TC Central Trojans as they head to Ford Field to face Warren DLS tomorrow. Let’s go Trojans! View attachment 800661
Go Central.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Think this is the quietest gun season I have hunted. Outside of duck hunters, very little shooting
Totally agree with that for our area. Strange year for Robinson for sure. Not really complaining because I am still seeing does and fawns with the occasional young buck. No pressure means they are still moving through on their normal routes, instead of burying themselves in my swamp for a month.
I did see a pair of bucks last night come up from the swamp into the oaks, one with a nice wide rack, but it didn’t pan out before legal shooting hours expired.

I took the morning off to help my wife with all the preparations for dinner. Hopefully I can slip back out this afternoon after the dishes are done. 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
883 Posts
Took grandpa's .30-30 for a walk today. My son is carrying my dad's .30-30. Thanksgiving tradition. State land in Crawford County. Thought my son shot one first thing this morning, turns out someone else had the same idea we did. Not alot of deer sightings thus far, could have filled the freezer with squirrels though. View attachment 800669
That is one sweet gun!

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
My teams headed as well Kurt. Mc boys are a tough bunch. Third time last 10 years or so. We've won 1 outta 3. Hope for another! Good luck to your team and everyone out.

Happy Thanksgiving all

·
Registered
914 Posts
Took grandpa's .30-30 for a walk today. My son is carrying my dad's .30-30. Thanksgiving tradition. State land in Crawford County. Thought my son shot one first thing this morning, turns out someone else had the same idea we did. Not alot of deer sightings thus far, could have filled the freezer with squirrels though. View attachment 800669
Beautiful. Love my '52. Had a '48 flat band in 32 spl that I let go in a trade and regret it. It was well used but tight. One of the most accurate guns in iron sights I've seen.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
My teams headed as well Kurt. Mc boys are a tough bunch. Third time last 10 years or so. We've won 1 outta 3. Hope for another! Good luck to your team and everyone out.

Happy Thanksgiving all
Good luck to your team as well. Last time we won a title (‘88) was when I was in high school. Can’t wait to watch the game.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Good luck to your team as well. Last time we won a title (‘88) was when I was in high school. Can’t wait to watch the game.
Good luck to TC. My highschool alma mater is going for back to back state titles against Detroit King on Saturday as well. Sounds like ms.com is well represented in the state finals.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
. Good luck to your team! Nice bow is that a Martin? Happy Thanksgiving!
Lol- I gotta admit I was laughing quietly from my stand wondering what your reply would be this time!😂

This is what Martin’s (button buck) become when they mature. (Hoyt=One fiddy)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Vertebrate Wood Organism Fawn Scaled reptile
Happy Thanksgiving! Hunted an oak ridge this morning in Northeast lower. (Iosco) Just plopped a chair down on a high spot with an opening in front too the west and white pine slashings to the north, south and East. Had a buck come within 30 yards of me to the north at about 8:30. It was on top of me before I could see it and bolted away out of sight before I could raise the gun.
10 minutes later I had two spikes walk right up to me and they too bolted away.
I was about ready to call it for the morning when straight out of the clearing a bigger bodied buck was coming East right towards me. It turned broad side and I fired. Clean miss. I completely choked. I hammered the trigger like a shotgun and pulled it.
The buck sprints off to the north into the slashing and stops. I stand up and can see an opening to his upper shoulder. I try to calm down and gently squeeze the trigger. Dropped right in his tracks.
Super thankful on an appropriate day with this guy. It’s been three years since I’ve got a buck. It’s not super huge but for our area I’m pretty happy

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
View attachment 800706 Happy Thanksgiving! Hunted an oak ridge this morning in Northeast lower. (Iosco) Just plopped a chair down on a high spot with an opening in front too the west and white pine splashings to the north, south and East. Had a buck come within 30 yards of me to the north at about 8:30. It was on top of me before I could see it and bolted away out of sight before I could raise the gun.
I was about ready to call it for the morning when straight out of the clearing a bigger bodied buck was coming East right towards me. It turned broad side and I fired. Clean miss. I completely choked. I hammered the trigger like a shotgun and pulled it.
The buck sprints off to the north into the slashing and stops. I stand up and can see an opening to his upper shoulder. I try to calm down and gently squeeze the trigger. Dropped right in his tracks.
Super thankful on an appropriate day with this guy. It’s been three years since I’ve got a buck. It’s not super huge but for our area I’m pretty happy
Heck ya!! Way to go Andy! Nice buck!!

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
View attachment 800706 Happy Thanksgiving! Hunted an oak ridge this morning in Northeast lower. (Iosco) Just plopped a chair down on a high spot with an opening in front too the west and white pine splashings to the north, south and East. Had a buck come within 30 yards of me to the north at about 8:30. It was on top of me before I could see it and bolted away out of sight before I could raise the gun.
Congrats! Great buck.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Congrats on a nice thanksgiving day buck!
It’s tough to keep your composure and make the second shot count, good on you!

61 - 80 of 124 Posts