Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Am I blending? Not well enough, apparently. I saw 3 does on my way in. Crunchy walking bumped them. There's a dude posted up in my lucky corner AGAIN so I'm in some woods near a thoroughfare. Somebody is seeing deer. 6 shots so far. 1 right at first light. Then 5 in fairly rapid succession from at least 2 different guns, from the sound of it, but from the same general area.
20201123_081705.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
330 Posts
Am I blending? Not well enough, apparently. I saw 3 does on my way in. Crunchy walking bumped them. There's a dude posted up in my lucky corner AGAIN so I'm in some woods near a thoroughfare. Somebody is seeing deer. 6 shots so far. 1 right at first light. Then 5 in fairly rapid succession from at least 2 different guns, from the sound of it, but from the same general area. View attachment 606965

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
That’s me the over in your lucky corner. Thanks for letting me know about it.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
last morning for me and possibly last hunt till December here in Kalamazoo. Lots of excitement. Lots of big Bucks for Michigan and even one booner that will score well above the 170 mark that was on
My small ground for two years. So far I just couldn’t get on one even with a gun. Who knows what late season might bring. At least some people around the area shot huge bucks and that will help promote QDM even more so then what is currently being done here in southwest Michigan in and around the Alamo township CoOp. What a good year so far.

View attachment 606959
After seeing my first monster in Missouri I’m convinced some - not all - hunters just need to see how big a deer can get to open their eyes to give smaller bucks a pass.

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
After seeing my first monster in Missouri I’m convinced some - not all - hunters just need to see how big a deer can get to open their eyes to give smaller bucks a pass.

Sent from d_mobile
Me personally, I’m content with letting smaller bucks pass but I also know what’s a pretty good buck for the area I hunt so if I know it’s a good deer for that area, I’ll take it.
The 8pt I got this year, many hunters in the southern part of the state would give that deer a pass. Up where we hunt....you’re an idiot if you pass on that buck especially if you only have 1 week a year to hunt and it’s your last morning.
Now with that being said, I always keep in mind that not everyone is hunting for a big buck. Some are content with a spike or 4pt if that’s the first deer to come along and I’m ok with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

21 - 40 of 165 Posts