Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
No mature bucks appeared so I took this doe with a few minutes of shooting light left. I already have one buck in the freezer and plan to get another one so this will be divided up amongst the family.
If I'm not out tomorrow, I'll be out again on Thursday.
Stay safe everyone and good luck tomorrow if you're going out. View attachment 868258
Great job on the plan b freezer stuffer. Good luck the rest of the season. Congrats.

·
Registered
23,310 Posts
Suspected same trio all month.
Medium , small , and fawn (b.b.).
They had a fourth tonight.
They entered a cut on my right briefly , and browsed a minute. Reentered cover (behind a dirt mound on offside of my position where deer tend to cross) and there was a flash of a chase.
They came back to cross the cut with the newbie in tow.
Stayed in cover avoiding open ground and rye and green browse to emerge far left of my position crossing the trail directly in front of me. Newbie fawn got kicked for trying to follow too close as cover was entered again.

Picture without deer is where they crossed last. (trail/open lane farthest left ahead.) Pretty common trend with them.

No buck checking them out. Legs on at least one looked like they'd been bedded in the swamp. Vs bedding they went through going from my right to left beyond the open ground.

Cloud Water Plant Water resources Sky

Plant Snow Natural landscape Fawn Twig

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Dude you aren’t supposed to sit right on the deer trail. Even a few yards off of it would be fine. Hopefully you don’t get in the middle of a stampede :p
Funny you should say that Josh. I had a fawn walk within 5 yards of me before she realized something didn’t look right sitting up against that tree. She didn’t blow- just turned and trotted off. Ended up seeing 5 dnf’s tonight.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts