Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
20,283 Posts
Well, attempting to shoot a doe and he killed a 1-inch spike. Dad messed this one up. Great shot at 80 yards, and he's happy...so I'm happy!
View attachment 800209
Congrats!
Great shot.
Spotter might be kind of iffy. L.o.l..
Been there!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Celebrate having legal deer in range. That is something! To me , it's success in opportunity.

A deer that is "just right" for us Goldilocks types , don't always come easy. Should it? Really?
I'm ahead of you this year by having had a chance at a brute. I'm not holding a set of antlers though. And I'm not discouraged. Yes I mentally kick myself...But still delighted with the opportunity.
Had he not been in range , I'd celebrate any other legal deer that was. Each one I appreciate.

Somewhere someone has not had an opportunity of a legal deer in range. Cheer them on. If only to yourself.

Keep at it!
This year , next year, sooner or later....
Thank you for the positivity! I agree with all of it! That’s why I always keep at it! It’s not easy to get on the bigger ones, but that’s what keeps me coming back for more everyday! I’ve seen some sweet stuff in the woods like I do every year. In fact I helped my buddy drag a buck out the other night and he drilled a 10 point tonight! Couldn’t be happier for him! Heading that way now to take a look!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
746 Posts
I ended up seeing 16 or 18, plus two coyotes. After I shot at the yotes, a few deer came back out from the north and a buck from the south. The coyote wasn’t moving great when it left but I didn’t find blood. It was 200 yards out.
My good 500 lumen light is with my wife, While looking for the dog, a mournful howl came from where it went, and close. I’ll look again in the morning.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Well, attempting to shoot a doe and he killed a 1-inch spike. Dad messed this one up. Great shot at 80 yards, and he's happy...so I'm happy!
View attachment 800209
No mess up. Some deer are just more genetically gifted than others.
Good clean ethical kill combined with the smile on your boys face equals one highly successful hunt!
Congratulations to you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
11,720 Posts
Two skunk s in a row. Had to run to my P O Box and low and behold the cut corn field and rye field across the street were filled with deer Might have to see about permission to hunt them for the evenings.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Nothing else to do and a nice day for a drive. So I’m up in my killing ladder on the Cass farm for the afternoon. Not sure if I’ll fill my doe tag or just enjoy the Sun and wait for a PIG! It’s nice to be out without the pressure of filling that first buck tag! I’ll drive home after dark and then get up early and drive a couple hours in the other direction to jig up some Eyes. I need to find some closer hunting and fishing spots;)
Drive a little longer and make it worth your while....jiggin ;)

View attachment 800209
Huge congrats young man !!! Nice shot buddy

Got a nice 2 1/2 year-old tonight at the house. Hunting city deer tonight. Tag is on his leg for those who care.
View attachment 800214 View attachment 800215
Congrats!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
View attachment 800209
He looks awful happy!!! Congrats to your son!

He looks awful happy!!! Congrats to your son!

Got a nice 2 1/2 year-old tonight at the house. Hunting city deer tonight. Tag is on his leg for those who care.
View attachment 800214 View attachment 800215
CONGRATS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Congrats to your boy!! You didn’t mess up made another memory for you and your son!! I’m enjoying taking my kids out hunting and watching there success more then anything. Keep it up dad it’s awesome!!!!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts