Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Nothing else to do and a nice day for a drive. So I’m up in my killing ladder on the Cass farm for the afternoon. Not sure if I’ll fill my doe tag or just enjoy the Sun and wait for a PIG! It’s nice to be out without the pressure of filling that first buck tag! I’ll drive home after dark and then get up early and drive a couple hours in the other direction to jig up some Eyes. I need to find some closer hunting and fishing spots;)
Where are you jigging tomorrow?

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
when do I start to worry. never in the last 20 years have I gone this long into a deer season, without a deer in the freezer.
most of those years I would have 3 frozen for me for the year by now.
will be a hard off season with no venison or liver patte.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
A couple deerless sits and I am revising my strategy.
Historically my best spot was a dud this year. Not sure what your options are to move, but could be a good time to consider it

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It calmed down, but not enough to sit a 400x200 acre field tonight so I'm back out behind the house. I'll find out in the morning if the pop ups survived the wind storm in the morning. Have to miss all of Wednesday due to driving with th gf all the way from TC to telegraph and michigan Ave and back to TC to pick her daughter up for the holiday. Only day I intend to miss this regular season.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
I have to be close to 20 sightings by now. I had the big doe I was after show up. She kept checking her back trail and a I could see a deer pacing back and forth up the snow is so heavy in the trees all I saw was a glint of antler on time. She lives another day.

If this was last Saturday she would have been down like a fat kid on a see saw. She would have easily won the heaviest doe category.

There is lots of time left the season isn’t even half over.

·
Registered
20,283 Posts
Been up and in for an hour or so. Been a year of the almost happening and close calls with bucks. Seems like it was the same as last year. Honestly feeling discouraged more so then ever last year and this year. Deer sightings have gone down a lot up here, multiple property’s…and on public. I have passed some bucks that are legal but small, just can’t seem to put it all together. What gives? However I will keep hunting and keep at it, it’s not over until it’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Celebrate having legal deer in range. That is something! To me , it's success in opportunity.

A deer that is "just right" for us Goldilocks types , don't always come easy. Should it? Really?
I'm ahead of you this year by having had a chance at a brute. I'm not holding a set of antlers though. And I'm not discouraged. Yes I mentally kick myself...But still delighted with the opportunity.
Had he not been in range , I'd celebrate any other legal deer that was. Each one I appreciate.

Somewhere someone has not had an opportunity of a legal deer in range. Cheer them on. If only to yourself.

Keep at it!
This year , next year, sooner or later....

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
I’m starting to go shack wacky. I’ve had 5 deer in the rye for about 15 minutes. I have my phone standing up leaning on the window watching those deer over the top catching up on the LFTS thread. I look up and there are two bucks sparing in the food plot. I threw up the binos only to see it was two of the fawns going at it pretty heavy. It definitely raised my heart beat at least temporarily. I got a good chuckle out of it.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts