Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am retired this year so I've been camped here at Brush Lake since November 10. I'm hooked up and just out of the woods heading home. I miss my recliner, tv, and my beautiful wife. No neccessarily in that order.:LOL: it has been real friendly of everyone to share their camps and successes. No deer at our camp this year but the daughter and grandson each got a sighting and chance to shoot. No blood. Got them excited though I truly enjoy LFTS. See you all next year or maybe on an ice fishing forum. Take care, Wannabeup

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Nothing else to do and a nice day for a drive. So I’m up in my killing ladder on the Cass farm for the afternoon. Not sure if I’ll fill my doe tag or just enjoy the Sun and wait for a PIG! It’s nice to be out without the pressure of filling that first buck tag! I’ll drive home after dark and then get up early and drive a couple hours in the other direction to jig up some Eyes. I need to find some closer hunting and fishing spots;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Been up and in for an hour or so. Been a year of the almost happening and close calls with bucks. Seems like it was the same as last year. Honestly feeling discouraged more so then ever last year and this year. Deer sightings have gone down a lot up here, multiple property’s…and on public. I have passed some bucks that are legal but small, just can’t seem to put it all together. What gives? However I will keep hunting and keep at it, it’s not over until it’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
28 degrees and 15mph breeze I’m the only one left in my camp and it makes it kinda sad that it’s over for this year but I thank GOD for the fellowship and camaraderie that we had so many laughs and past memories that we shared Great group of friends that I have and look forward to next year. Good luck everyone and safe

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
when do I start to worry. never in the last 20 years have I gone this long into a deer season, without a deer in the freezer.
most of those years I would have 3 frozen for me for the year by now.
will be a hard off season with no venison or liver patte.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I’d say about 5pm on January 1st is a good time to start worrying. Lot of deer season between now and then. It can happen at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Going old school tonight setting on the ground in an uncomfortable chair near my little food plot on the back of the property. The ladder stand is set up more for bow, and the wind isn't right for it. Hung a camera here a couple days ago and some doe have been here...hoping one drags a buck along!

Clear skies, sunny and 36 degrees here in St. Clair County.

Good Luck!

21 - 40 of 82 Posts