Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me again?! haha, thats alright...i couldnt pass up an opportunity to hunt today with my favorite wind blowing, a SE...good luck this morning, fellas!

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
32 in Emmet county, great wind direction so far, I snuck IP on nothing walking out here. Horribly crunchy for my stroll out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
263 Posts
All set up in shiawassee county. Deer haven't had much pressure with the 400 acres of corn still standing. Should be a good morning. Light southeast wind! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Same here in Genessee County hunting my little piece of property this morning, got 250 acres of corn or so down the road 1/4 mile Good Luck everyone! Good thing I came out and checked my pop-up yesterday afternoon found it about 50 yards away in the brush, hand (7) 10" metal stakes securing it down last weeks wind just ranked the right out the ground, good thing it didn't lift over the hedge row or it would have been gone :eek:

Sent from my VS910 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
808 Posts
Well I'm all set in lenawee. Got out at 4:50 had to walk through 60 yards of corn to get to a thicket in the middle of it. But I'm excited seems like an awesome spot. G:thumbup:eek:od luck

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
346 Posts
Last hunt of deer camp. Cold and crunchy in alcona county. Had to let a nice fork horn pass. Couldn't get it to grow a brow tine. Maybe mom or dad is around somewhere

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Scheduled to work 9-5 today but I will be slipping out around 1:30 to head to the stand. It's nice to see a forecast that isn't calling for 15+ mph winds. I'm getting sick of the wind! Checked on my double bull blind yesterday and it was moved about 5 feet. So not as bad as I expected. Everything was intact. I'm not planning on Hunting that property again for a few days. Good luck to everyone this morning.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Driving in to work today saw a bunch of does in the fields in Livingston county. Seem to be moving this morning. Live from the truck. Good luck y'all!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Week long vacation. Taking today off. Getting burned out, hunted 17 days off of bow and all day sits from Friday to yesterday. So that equals out to 50 hours of deer hunting and I saw 5 deer in total. This is by far my worse season out there, hunting ag fields of washtenaw county. On average in the years past I saw 20 deer a day. With a standing Mile of corn still. What do you expect. They have gone nocturnal in the corn. Done til ml

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
What a difference a night makes.. Last night I saw deer from 3 till I left got penned in as I was surrounded, had to stop 3 times walking out to allow deer to pass..

This A.M. got settled in at 6:10 the moon coupled with the light colored grass I watched deer after deer pass the blind for 30 minutes.. Daylight on nuffin..

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm going out tomorrow if it's not raining and blowing like a typhoon.
I'm off tomorrow but the weather report doesn't look promising....again for a Thursday. My season hasn't been all that great with the weather...sucky for the most part.
If it's raining, i'm staying at home and doing honey do projects / lists.....UGH!
I really want to put an arrow thru a buck.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Been on stand since about 2. Looks like it should be a beautiful evening. I can hunt the next five days and I'm hoping to tag out!

·
Registered
35,738 Posts
I woke up this morning to find out it was 8 degrees warmer than when I went to bed. When I went outside 2p I noticed the smoke was blowing to the NW. Went back to bed. I decided to try a tower blind over looking some food plots. 30ft to the shooting window gives you a pretty good view.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts