Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Good luck mrfysch! I’m walking in now myself in Manchester. Changing things up and coming in from the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Waiting on the second noob of the year to get to my house lol. Good thing hunting is close today because she is late lol. Little crappy.outside in SW antrim this morning

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I'm out for another sit in sanilac county. Bring it on in the fog. Creek beds have rising water levels with the melt off.

About 11am yesterday I tracked a wounded 8pt. A nice one at that. He was dragging a front leg and was panting pretty bad. Followed him to a corn field and lost the trail in all of the tracks. It didn't look good for him, but I hope he crosses the path of another hunter so he is put down. I hate to see that sort of thing, but it's part of the season.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
In the office 2.0 should have stayed in bed cant see 100 inches let alone 100 yards. Only planning to sit until 930 or 10 then hitting the river for my first jigging trip this fall. Ron hurry up and get home the river is filling up... good luck all.

·
Premium Member
9,180 Posts
32 degrees and no wind whatsoever here in Spalding twp Menominee county. Down to three hunters and another one leaving today. I hate when my buddies leave because I know it s a long time until next season Oh well such is life and everyone has their own things to do. Good luck everyone and be safe.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Dead calm and a layer of fog over the swamp. It just feels like it could be one of those special kind of days. I was the only truck parked here today as far as I know. Zero flash lights seen as well. Hope it stays that way. It was an impossible walk in but I came a different route. Strolled through a major bedding area to try and push them back to the swamp I’m hunting. That part of the plan was a success. As I pushed several deer out including a buck. I walked right through his bed and I could smell that authentic smell of a rutting buck. So that’s exciting. Hopefully he makes an appearance in the swamp. I got him on his feet anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Out in my shack behind the house in Ottawa county. Not expecting a whole lot but you never know. Last day of my rutcation then back to work tomorrow.
I am already missing the quiet of the u.p. Up there I heard the occasional gunshot and the occasional hum of tires from a rig on M28 when they hit the rumble strips. This morning it’s continuous traffic, kids screaming, dogs barking and sirens.
Hunted one of the biggest oak ridges I have ever seen. It went on forever it seemed and the acorn crop was out of this world. Deer were tearing it up but spread out all over with a huge acorn buffet.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts