Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
26 degrees when we left my buddies cabin this morning. Frosty, cold, calm morning.....and 0 deer. Nothing moving but a couple squirrels. Sitting til 11 then heading in. This is quite demoralizing to say the least. Looks like another year to add onto my dry spell. 37 years of bow hunting and this could be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Congrats to those that scored, looking forward to some pictures. I had some chasing around me before daylight and then I had a doe walk within 10yds, nice 8pt came up to check her out. He looked like a 2 yr old but had lots of mass and short tines. I never tried to pull back or shoot and I'm not sure I could gave with all the eyes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Been a beautiful morning so far in the Thumb, at 6:45 I was in the house glassing 5 deer in the picked cornfield across the road. Headed out back and got into my new blind. Got the heater going, sitting in the recliner enjoying the heavy frost. 7:15 see a 9 pointer with a broken tine that I have a few pics of going across the buck of the field. He was moving at a steady clip. 20 min later I see a big bodied deer straight across the field, I glass him and there’s 4 points on the right side and only a brow tine on the left - snapped half the rack right off! These deer are going to need calcium supplements next year! Watched rub his face in some branches, piss, then make a scrape. He starts walking along the field past my other blind and was intently starting at it as he walked by within a couple of yards. First time this season saw two bigger bucks in one sit, great morning!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
All this action everywhere else, so im just sitting back and waiting for them to make their way to huron county :whistle:

:lol:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Also glad the sun is up. My contact finally defrosted, haha!

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
Had a deer run by me NW to SE at 9.30. Couldnt see what it was. Hear more coming and a doe and fawn 25 yards to my west into the tag. Never knew I was there. Have a feeling someone is out tracking north of me in the swamp and spooked em out.
<----<<<

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Not a lot happening in HNF near Hale. Gonna go look for another spot in a few. On a side note, I probably overspend this time of year but these things are the top pick-up this year. Great for holding sticks while ascending too. View attachment 601773
What is it? My brother inlaw likes to hold his bow but always complains of cold hands. Might look into something like this for him

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Just had a pretty nice 8pt just go by. He’s covering some ground out looking
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Finally saw some deer. Had a small buck following 2 yearlings and 2 doe. Too bad none of them came in range.

I knew I should have moved a stand over where I saw those deer yesterday....oh well, this is likely my last hunt on this property until December if I have tags left still.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
26 degrees when we left my buddies cabin this morning. Frosty, cold, calm morning.....and 0 deer. Nothing moving but a couple squirrels. Sitting til 11 then heading in. This is quite demoralizing to say the least. Looks like another year to add onto my dry spell. 37 years of bow hunting and this could be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Are you sticking around for rifle?

I just saw yesterday that they are starting a clear cut off 4001 on one of the trails we hunt down. Kind of excited to see how that shakes things up.

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
Heading out. Hunting my stand 5 miles away tonight.
Good morning though. Saw more deer today in one sit than all last week.
Guy that I thpught may have shot one left on his 4 wheeler at 10. No.way he tracked all the way back in the swamp and recovered a deer..
<----<<<

101 - 120 of 276 Posts