Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

61 - 80 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Surprisingly slow here normally deer start to trickle threw, have not seen one yet, not even out of range. Had some awesome hunts the past 4 days, 2 days in my back yard and 2 on another property I just gained access too. Probably passed up 12 different scrub bucks in those days had a pencil rack 8 pt the other night keeping 4 dinks away from his doe in my food plot. Staying positive hoping the action picks up here, it’s still early and planning on a all day sit

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just got home last night after spending 6 days hunting public land in lake co.

Weather was tough as the warm up started thursday and stayed that way until we left. Tough hunting and while we saw a few bucks most seemed to be nocturnal. Temp or pressure??

Had a camera on a scrape that my buddy was hunting near. Had four different bucks on camera and all met the APR restriction. But they showed between 12am and 4 am. That camera only showed one doe over the 6 days.

Actually saw more bucks than does. That's concerning with the liberal tags this year.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Couldn't sleep last night with the excitement of the Gladwin cold front so got into the tree at 6am. Fell asleep immediately afterwards and didn't open my eyes until 7:30. Good thing I tie in!

I'm off through next Wednesday and hoping to fill both of my tags before then. Quiet up here, the rest of the camping party will be trickling in starting tomorrow. Good luck everybody and Happy Veteran's Day!!!!!! Thank you to all that have served :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
So far? Eeeesh. Picked a bad spot. If I have to record a skunk, I'm blaming Andre Rison or the neighbors (for shooting all the does).

But, there's always a 9 o'clock buck, right? And a BB usually hangs out near this stand. One is due to show soon.

Not as windy as I expected.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
3 deer so far BB at first light licked the steps. Then a doe, then a decent buck doe was at 138yrds buck was chasing some thing in the east woodlot. Hopefully chase right past me soon?
IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1596.JPG

Temps are feeling great was 60f when I got here it’s now about 50f. Big bucks, big Bucks no whammies !
Good luck to all who are out!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

61 - 80 of 286 Posts