Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

81 - 100 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Meeting up with a friend to try and get him his first deer , should be interesting day going to set him up in my best stand .
Now that’s a great friend!! Good luck and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Not a thing so far.
Does often come here late morning so I'll stay a while.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Baby doe came to investigate the can call. Got downwind then moseyed offs

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Thank you everyone.
I have been out here taking it all in, so surreal when things unexpected happen to me while in the woods. Time to get him out and get him gutted.
20201105_080448.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Was walking in an hour ago and saw a Doe with two fawns in the back of my field real close to my stand. All the sudden an 8 pointer pops out right next to my stand. He rubs an apple tree and then a bush as he goes back into the swamp. Should of been there earlier but I always hate spooking deer in the dark. Up in my tree waiting for him to make a return visit here in the Thumb.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
What’s everybody’s experience with bumping to deer while walking in? Should I count this hunt as a loss and let it sit till the cold from next week or what?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
What’s everybody’s experience with bumping to deer while walking in? Should I count this hunt as a loss and let it sit till the cold from next week or what?
Really depends on the time of year, right now I wouldn't sweat it. The bucks move so much what happened 20 minutes ago is old news

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The hot doe read the script perfectly but the only bad part is she didn’t find a big enough buck to chase her. She had a nice young 6 pt chasing her that gave me a great shot at 12 yds but he needs to grow up a couple more years!

I was going to shoot the doe but she wouldn’t stop where I could shoot so she got a pass too. The good thing is I now have a fresh estrous doe trail coming right to me. Just need a big buck to cut the trail and come in on a string!

Saw a couple more doe across the field also.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Congrats. What a beast! Never see anything that big around my area. What county are you hunting
Taken a breather.
Thanks man!
Alcona county state land.

81 - 100 of 314 Posts