Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
Had a deer under my stand when I came out this morning. Hunting with the recurve and stone heads this morning. Genesee county. Missed a doe under her belly 5 minutes ago and my hitlister is in the next field over. Thank god for a quiet bow, the doe never spooked.

·
Registered
366 Posts
image.jpg
On doe patrol this morning on a new property. Set up near bedding close to a bean field. 3 doe went to bed at 6:45. Nothing since. Gorgeous morning though

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
So, first time hunting this spot since last year and at daylight was in for a bit of a surprise. I knew I was about 150 yards off the boundary and some private land. What I didn't know was there is a new house being built. They are roofing and doing exterior work and it is loud. Don't think I am going to see anything.

·
Registered
18,765 Posts
Of course you're heading out. If you're ever not heading out, I think you should send out a public service announcement that says you're fine, you've just decided to take a morning/afternoon off. Otherwise, if we don't see that you're on the way out the door we're gonna get worried and someone is gonna send the police dept or ems to check on you. We're all gonna think you've fallen and you can't get up.
Understood. Point taken

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
So, first time hunting this spot since last year and at daylight was in for a bit of a surprise. I knew I was about 150 yards off the boundary and some private land. What I didn't know was there is a new house being built. They are roofing and doing exterior work and it is loud. Don't think I am going to see anything.
The deer don't care as long as they are not in view of construction. I had the same situation second week of gun. Had deer (including bucks chasing) all over the place while Drew and Mike's morning show echoed through the woodlands.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
The deer don't care as long as they are not in view of construction. I had the same situation second week of gun. Had deer (including bucks chasing) all over the place while Drew and Mike's morning show echoed through the woodlands.
I can just make out the house. What I do know is one guy keeps getting after the other about overworking the stapler, they like to stream classic rock on Pandora and this is hunt 4 in this property this season and the first I haven't seen a deer by 9. Oh well. Packing it up to go take my son to the zoo

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I can just make out the house. What I do know is one guy keeps getting after the other about overworking the stapler, they like to stream classic rock on Pandora and this is hunt 4 in this property this season and the first I haven't seen a deer by 9. Oh well. Packing it up to go take my son to the zoo
I guess there are a lot of variables.......Have fun at the Zoo today!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
40 degrees and clear as a bell. Very jealous of all who made it out this morning. Unfortunately no hunt for me today but I found a scrape in my side yard last night saw a little buck a few nights before. Didnt think it would be worth hunting but there’s Just enough room for me to ambush one there. Even just worth sitting out after work if the winds right and don’t have a chance to go elsewhere.

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
Just had a BIG raccoon sneak from the oaks and cross 5 yards to my right. Hopefully something bigger moved in to cause his exit....
<----<<<

Reactions: Gone_Hunting

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Still yet to don the bow and stand myself this season. Got big plans coming up this weekend...

Reactions: Far Beyond Driven

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
Beautiful morning but no deer sightings. Giving it til 10.30, shooting a fern, and in for a nap!! Be back in same tree at 3.30.
Joe out..
<----<<<

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well original spot didn't work out, moved 200 yards south, set up on the ground because it was approaching daylight. 1st 2 deer were different does that wind busted me. Then had a big doe move thru about 20 yards in front of me no shot, little bit later had 3 does move in from the West, missed the lead doe at 15 yards when my arrow hit a branch, about 5 minutes later had pretty decent buck move thru same run as the earlier doe but no shot. All before 830, back at it this afternoon, gotta go renew the old driver's license.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts