Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

41 - 60 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I forget the name of it, but there is a moss that glows. Or maybe it is a fungus. I was wondering a trail one night when I came across a glowing stump. Freaked me out too. I walked up to it like a mosquito to a bug zapper just thinking to myself "Man this is how the idiot dies in every horror movie". Turned my light on and it was just a stump. Turned it off and it was glowing. Really weird. Took a chunk back to the cabin to show everyone and my Uncle told me about it.
My version oh how Predtor would easily hunt humans is to simply put a box of donuts on the break room table. Thankfully baiting is illegal so we are all safe now

·
Administrator
17,518 Posts
Set up since 7:00 this morning on trail leading to a bedding area near the edge of a swamp.
Why 7:00???
I freakin got LOST on the way in! Sure I blew the morning.. I was so turned around that I thought north was south when I finally got here!!
Oh well! There's always tomorrow. Nice 30 yard chip shot to the bedroom trail.
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Set up since 7 this morning on trail leading to a bedding area near the edge of a swamp. Why 7? I freakin got LOST on the way in! Sure I blew the morning.. So turned around I thought north was south when I finally got here. Oh well! There's always tomorrow. Nice 30 yard chip shot to the bedroom trail.
<----<<<
Nothing like getting lost on the way to a morning stand. Hasn't happened to me in a while, but there are worse things. Sit back, let it get light, figure sh*t out. Way better than getting lost coming in after the evening stand.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Gotta love wives...

Hunting buddy setup about 200/250 yards from either missed or shot low on a buck about 30 min ago... waiting to here back on arrow results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
905 Posts
ROFLMAO!.... I'm on my property but I've never hunted this spot before, I'm so stupid, that's a neighbor's home off in the distance way downhill and through the trees.....smh
Had something similar happen last year. Was walking in early morning up a hill in the hardwoods, half way up I see a light and get p****d thinking it’s a trespasser. I had caught a guy on our property the year prior. I begin to move that way and about half way there realize it’s an outdoor light from one of the summer homes. Guess I took the long way to my stand that morning.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Set up since 7:00 this morning on trail leading to a bedding area near the edge of a swamp.
Why 7:00???
I freakin got LOST on the way in! Sure I blew the morning.. I was so turned around that I thought north was south when I finally got here!!
Oh well! There's always tomorrow. Nice 30 yard chip shot to the bedroom trail.
<----<<<
I have been lost 3 times going into my spot. Shot a deer all 3 times. Note was not hunting my spot, hinted the best tree I could find .5 before legal that I could get my climber in. One of those new spots I took a deer 4 years in a row.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Count is up to 9 doe and five small bucks now. Could have shot the most recent fork horn that stopped by. Rest have been 50yds our or more

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Had something similar happen last year. Was walking in early morning up a hill in the hardwoods, half way up I see a light and get p****d thinking it’s a trespasser. I had caught a guy on our property the year prior. I begin to move that way and about half way there realize it’s an outdoor light from one of the summer homes. Guess I took the long way to my stand that morning.
It was a completely lucky shot that I could see that light, right now I can't see the house or even a part of it.

41 - 60 of 227 Posts